How Jason Helps Clients
Jason Parish is a member of the firm’s Litigation section and focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. Jason has extensive experience managing matters through every stage, including motions practice, fact and expert discovery, trial and appeal. He has appeared before federal and state courts across the country and has taken numerous cases to trial.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Jason spent 11 years with a large, global law firm during which he represented several clients in high-stakes, ‘bet the company’ matters. Jason was counsel to BP in government investigations and litigation related to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster and to Volkswagen Group of America in government investigations related to the company’s alleged use of software to defeat government emissions tests.
Jason has deep experience with issues facing the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For the last eight years, Jason has served as national counsel for a number of generic pharmaceutical companies in litigation related to the publication and use of Average Wholesale Prices (“AWPs”) and other drug pricing metrics. Jason currently represents a generic pharmaceutical company in multi-district litigation alleging a conspiracy to fix generic drug prices.
Jason’s experience spans antitrust, consumer protection, False Claims Act, products liability and employment matters. He has also counseled numerous clients through government investigations, including inquiries by DOJ, FTC, HHS OIG, CMS, State attorneys general and Congress.
What Clients Can Expect
Jason excels at devising creative, cost-effective strategies to help clients meet their legal and business objectives. He is most at home on his feet in court, arguing before a judge or jury. Clients commend Jason’s ability to quickly absorb complex and developing facts, and his common sense approach to even the thorniest legal problems.
For several years before law school, Jason was an account executive with a global public relations firm. This experience continues to inform Jason’s approach, which focuses not only on whether a course of action is legally sound, but how it will play with the judge, jury and others.
"I am so excited to continue building my practice at Buchanan as part of its team of fantastic litigators."
Outside the Office
Jason is the proud dad of four-year-old triplets and enjoys spending his time away from work getting ready for the next trip to Disney World.
- Counsel for numerous generic pharmaceutical companies in government investigations and dozens of cases brought by the federal government, state attorneys general, third party payors, and others concerning the publication and use of AWPs and other drug pricing metrics.
- Counsel for generic pharmaceutical company in multi-district litigation alleging a conspiracy to fix prices and allocate markets for various generic drugs.
- Counsel for brand and generic pharmaceutical companies in reverse payment settlement cases involving Wellbutrin XL, Ovcon, and other prescription drugs.
- Counsel for healthcare consulting company in multiple litigation and regulatory matters involving compliance with FDCPA, TCPA, HIPAA, EMTALA, and Medicare rules.
- Counsel for financial services company in multi-year DOJ investigation concerning mortgage-backed securities and alleged violations of the FCA and FIRREA.
- Counsel for a construction contractor in litigation against a public utility alleging breach of contract related to the construction of a power plant.
- Counsel for firms in the pharmaceutical, consumer products, and industrial products industries in products liability cases involving corrugated stainless steel tubing, intrauterine devices, the prescription drug propofol, and other products.
- Counsel for private equity firms in multiple cases alleging WARN Act violations.
- Counsel for an individual plaintiff alleging Title VII and ADA violations by the District of Columbia Department of Corrections.
- Counsel for amici in various cases seeking to strike down prohibitions against same-sex marriage, including Golinski v. Office of Personnel Management (9th Circuit) and Hollingsworth v. Perry (Supreme Court).
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2005, cum laude
American University, B.A., 2000, International Studies
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of California
American Bar Association
National LGBT Bar Association
Outstanding Achievement Award, Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs
Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, National LGBT Bar Association