Experienced, Tailored Defense from Start to Finish
Our white collar lawyers handle both pre- and post-indictment or arrest representation in state and federal courts across the United States, as well as matters pending before state and federal regulatory agencies performing government enforcement functions.
A government investigation often begins with the receipt of a grand jury subpoena, administrative subpoena or a civil investigative demand. Our attorneys have great experience in handling the intricacies of effective subpoena response in matters involving state and federal grand juries as well as a variety of governmental agencies including the SEC, FINRA, CFTC, OFAC, and many others. With a specialized e-discovery team, Buchanan has the technological savvy needed to operate in today’s digital environment. Our white collar team is well-versed in the kind of large-scale document review and production often necessary for an effective subpoena response.
We are particularly adept at guiding both entities and individuals through the complexities of federal and state criminal investigations and prosecutions. Our team consists of some of the best trial lawyers in the country who are ready to take our client’s matter into the courtroom whenever necessary. Some of the cases we routinely handle for our clients involve the following:
- Election Law Violations
- Embezzlement & Theft
- Environmental Crimes
- False Claims Act Violations – Civil & Criminal
- Financial/Securities Industry Regulatory and Enforcement Actions
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Fraud: Bankruptcy, Healthcare, Honest Services, Insurance, Mail, Securities, Wire
- Government Procurement or Contracting Violations
- Money Laundering & Bank Secrecy Act Violations
- Public/Political Corruption
- RICO – Civil & Criminal
- Tax Violations – State and Federal