When it Comes to Sports-Related Law, We’ve Got You Covered.
Almost every legal discipline comes into play in matters related to the sports industry. From professional sports team owners, athletes, investors and promoters to stadium/arena owners, lenders, governmental authorities, developers, vendors and retailers, the diversity of parties involved in sports-related legal matters requires a multidisciplinary legal team.
Our collaborative approach allows us to assist you with these matters and many others:
- Financing, construction, development and operation of sports facilities, stadiums and entertainment venues.
- Ownership and investor structuring and funding.
- Operational contracts for concessions, energy supply and other services.
- Labor and employment matters, including collective bargaining, player matters and staff contracts.
- Sponsor and advertiser contracts.
- Intellectual property, trademark licensing, endorsements and related matters.
- Tax planning and structuring.
- Seat and suite licensing.
- Various league matters, including compliance with rules and regulations.
- Sports related litigation, bankruptcies, restructurings and workouts.
- Government relations.
- Representation of professional athletes and teams in immigration and employment matters.
- Representation of sports leagues in connection with league disciplinary matters.
- Representation of teams in connection with traditional media and new media matters, including social media, e-commerce and webcasting matters.
- Representation of athletes in their other business and charitable endeavors.
- Assistance with supplemental events at sports venues such as other sporting events, concerts, film production and group meetings.