Stanley J. Parker’s practice focuses on commercial and business litigation, including a wide range of real estate matters, energy and natural resources, tax assessment and tax exemptions, landlords and tenants, construction litigation, franchise matters, class actions, restrictive covenants and product liability.
Stanley has served as lead counsel in both jury and non-jury trials throughout the nation, and he has been involved in appellate work, including arguments before the Pennsylvania and federal appellate courts. Stanley also litigates matters involving condemnations, franchises and shareholder disputes.
Stanley's recent representations include:
Represented company in handling claim for social engineering fraud.
Represented individual in defending identity theft claim.
- Represented internationals metals and coal company in defending enforcement of international arbitration award
- Represented large fast food restaurant chain in various matters across Pennsylvania.
- Represented a concrete railroad tie company in litigation, defending allegations of defective products.
- Represented a brokerage and securities management company in trade secret litigation.
- Represented railroad companies in federal court litigation regarding land use disputes.
- Represented numerous clients in real estate tax assessment and tax exemption cases, including commercial property, residential property, nursing homes, hospitals, property owned by religious groups, private clubs, a casino, colleges and universities, a YMCA and the Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Represented a waste water treatment facility before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board in defending a citation issued by Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and re-establishing the ability of our client to conduct its business operations.
- Represented coal supply companies in litigation with steel manufacturers and other customers, foreign and domestic. Handled cases in the banking industry involving electronic fraud transfers.
- Defended a manufacturer of electronic equipment in products liability action.
- Won an appeal before Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, en banc, reversing a trial court decision in a case that will have statewide implications involving Pennsylvania's Construction Code.
- Represented a Pittsburgh area shopping center to enable it to proceed with a substantial expansion project. Represented a natural gas company in zoning and condemnation actions.
- Represented coal mining companies in zoning matters and contract litigation.
- Handled multiple lawsuits involving disputes over title to real estate.
- Protected companies' confidential and trade secret information by obtaining injunctions to prevent former employees' and competitors' misuse of such information.
- Represented a Pittsburgh manufacturer of voice recognition equipment against challenges to the capabilities of its products. Defended a local venture capital fund against claims of misrepresentation.
- Represented local developers and commercial landlords in resolving disputes with tenants and, when necessary, assisting such owners to evict tenants and collect delinquent rent.
Stanley has experience in computer litigation support services, which he has employed to obtain timely and favorable results for clients involved in various commercial litigation matters.
He has been consistently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® list each year since 2014 for his work in the area of commercial litigation. Stanley has also been consistently selected by his peers for inclusion on the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, a distinction limited to the top 5 percent of Pennsylvania lawyers.
Stanley is a member of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and currently serves as an officer, holding the position of President-Elect. Stanley will become the President of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County in 2021. Stanley has been appointed by The Pennsylvania Supreme Court to serve as The Pennsylvania Rules of Evidence Committee and has been named the chair elect of the Committee (effective November 2, 2021).
In 2011, Stanley was elected Chair of the Allegheny County Bar Associations' Civil Litigation Section and served in that position from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
He was appointed to the Allegheny Regional Asset District by former Pittsburgh Mayors, Bob O’Connor and Luke Ravenstahl, serving from 2006 to January, 2014.
In 2006, Pittsburgh Magazine and the Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP) named Stanley to its list of "40 Under 40," which recognizes 40 individuals under the age of 40 from the Pittsburgh region for their civic, charitable and business accomplishments and contributions to the betterment of the community.
Stanley was selected by Impact Magazine as a member of the 2004 Young Leaders Group, a group of emerging Pennsylvania leaders aged 45 and younger who are committed to Allegheny County's future and who donate time or money to support United Way of Allegheny County programs. He was one of 35 Pennsylvania attorneys selected as a 2005 "Lawyer on the Fast Track" in The Legal Intelligencer and The Pennsylvania Law Weekly. Also in 2005, he was named to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in Philadelphia Magazine, a recognition awarded to only 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Pennsylvania.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1992, cum laude
University of Vermont, B.A., 1989
Board Member and Officer, Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
Council member and former chair, Civil Litigation Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Former member, House of Delegates, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Former chair, Civil Litigation Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
International Association of Defense Counsel
Chair Elect, Pennsylvania Supreme Court Rules of Evidence Committee
Allegheny Regional Asset District, former vice president, treasurer and board member
Co-chair of the Pittsburgh 250 Commission's Local Organizing Committee for the "Tour of Pennsylvania" international cycling event
Former president, Board of Directors, Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
Former Vice President, Treasurer and Board Member, Allegheny Regional Asset District
Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Former Board Member and Former President