Samantha has a diverse practice litigating complex commercial disputes in jurisdictions throughout the United States. She represents clients in litigation involving antitrust matters, claims for breach of fiduciary duty, consumer fraud, complicated contractual claims, misappropriation of trade secrets and other business disputes.
Her ability to develop innovative arguments in complex litigation helps her clients pragmatically resolve disputes and has led her to play a leading role in the defense and overall strategy for many key clients. Samantha's clients operate in a wide range of industries, from consumer products, financial products and software, and insurers to retail, technology and medical devices and supplies.
Samantha has extensive experience in representing defendants in class actions and a deep understanding of the law of class certification, successfully defeating numerous class actions at various stages in litigation. She also has represented corporations and individuals investigated by the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, the Federal Trade Commission and various State Attorneys General. She has conducted internal investigations for corporate clients.
Samantha is co-chair of the firm's E-Discovery Team, a co-chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative class action, affirmed on appeal, of a claim challenging part of a $1 billion merger transaction between two nonprofit insurers.
- Successfully defended a distributor of dental products in in re Dental Supplies Antitrust Litig. (E.D.N.Y.), a nationwide multidistrict litigation brought on behalf of a nationwide class of 200,000 dentists, alleging a conspiracy among the leading dental supply distributors to fix prices, boycott manufacturers and others, and to allocate customers and employees through no poaching agreements.
- Successfully defended an egg producer in In re Processed Egg Products class action antitrust litigation (E.D. Pa.), a nationwide multi district litigation alleging an industry-wide supply restriction scheme to fix the prices of eggs and egg products sold in the United States during an eight-year period.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative class action on summary judgment, affirmed on appeal, of a claim for $1.3 billion against a nonprofit insurer accused of violating Pennsylvania's Nonprofit Corporation Law.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative class action accusing a transportation authority of violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act by not providing job applicants proper notice that it was using consumer reports for background checks.
- Successfully defended a bodybuilding league accused of illegally monopolizing the business of competitive bodybuilding in the United States.
- Obtained a petition to strike and vacate an improperly entered foreign judgment under the Uniform Foreign Money Judgment Recognition Act and Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act. Louis Dreyfus Commodities Suisse SA v. Financial Software Systems, Inc., 99 A.3d 79 (Pa. Super.).
- Defended a financial services and training company in a dispute with its former Chief Executive Officer over ownership of a LinkedIn account. Obtained summary judgment in favor of our client on the claims for violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and Lanham Act. Defeated the plaintiff’s claims for state law damages at trial. Eagle v. Morgan, 2013 WL 943350 (E.D. Pa.); Eagle v. Morgan, 2012 WL 4738986 (E.D. Pa.).
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1997, with honors
University of Miami, B.A., 1994, magna cum laude, International & Comparative Studies, Economics, and Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Philadelphia Bar Association
Former Board of Directors Member, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program