Protect. Prepare. Defend. Cybersecurity is a Top Priority for Companies.
Cyber-attacks are in the news almost daily. The ever-growing threat infuses nearly everything a business or a government entity does. Wherever your data resides, it’s at risk, and cybersecurity should become one of your top priorities.
How can you get ahead of it all? By proactively protecting your valuable internal and customer information, preparing for a breach should one occur, and responding effectively and efficiently to a breach when it does occur. Our team – with many years of experience mitigating risk and responding to breaches – helps to protect you and give you the confidence of knowing you have the right partner with the right experience to both protect and defend you. We are recognized by corporate counsel as strong cybersecurity performers on BTI Law Firms Best at Cybersecurity List honor roll, which highlights firms that stand out for their cybersecurity practices.
Our multidisciplinary team includes a cross-section of core practices, including corporate, technology, licensing and commercial contracts, healthcare, financial services, intellectual property, labor & employment and litigation. Their combined skills and experience gives you coverage on all sides of cybersecurity.
When it Comes to Cybersecurity, We’ve Got You Covered.
Proactive measures take many forms because your confidential company and customer information lives in many different places. Transactional assistance related to data protection is largely about analyzing and reducing risk. Thus, our highly experienced and focused team can help you with:
- Improving your protocols, policies and procedures for protecting customer and proprietary information.
- Understanding the data life cycle of how data enters your organization, how it is maintained and how it is ultimately destroyed.
- Conducting cybersecurity due diligence for corporate transactions.
- Reviewing and addressing privacy issues associated with required disclosures.
- Training your employees at all levels in cybersecurity best practices and keeping your organization up to date.
- Developing and testing an incident response plan.
At the state level, all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands have enacted legislation requiring notification of security breaches. These rapidly evolving regulations challenge every company to keep its compliance practices up to date. By partnering with our cybersecurity team, you can ratchet up your security expertise and navigate the maze of compliance with federal, state and local privacy and security requirements.
Whether enforcement proceedings come from the FTC – which has taken a lead role in actions against companies and their officers for failure in their duty to protect customer information – or any other federal or state authority, our attorneys will guide you through any enforcement action.
If a breach occurs, there is much to do, and we’ve got you covered on all fronts. If you have been working with us on cybersecurity, chances are you already have a plan in place and tested. We will:
- Advise you on applicable state and federal notification requirements.
- Coordinate your response to law enforcement agencies.
- Coordinate internal investigations and crisis management, including employee interviews, due diligence, pre-litigation risk analysis, external inquiries, the media and more.
- Work closely with IT Forensic companies to investigate the incident.
- Develop corrective measures to limit the potential damage.
And if the breach does takes you to the courthouse or finds you defending actions by regulatory agencies, our litigation team – highly experienced in post-breach litigation – will defend you in any form of litigation in any venue, whether in single-plaintiff lawsuits, class actions or actions brought by regulatory authorities.