Robert A. Jones II focuses his practice on representing clients in a range of corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financing transactions. He also negotiates complex commercial agreements, such as managed service contracts and dealer agreements.
Rob's clients include emerging growth and established companies in a variety of industries, as well private equity investors and their portfolio companies.
A member of the firm's Security Alarm industry practice, Rob understands the unique aspects associated with various “as a service” and recurring monthly revenue business models and regularly assists providers of electronic security, energy management and home automation, and PERS/mPERS solutions in a variety of corporate and transactional matters.
Rob serves on the planning committee for the Barnes Buchanan Conference, an annual deal conference for leaders in the electronic security industry, and has spoken on trends and opportunities within the industry at past conferences.
A cross-section of Rob's recent representations include:
- Represented a national security solutions company in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including the U.S. subsidiary of an internationally known quick-service restaurant brand.
- Represented a bundled managed service provider in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including a national discount store chain.
- Represented a software development and integrated technology company in the sale of its value added reseller business.
- Represented Vivint, Inc., a provider of home security systems, in its $2 billion acquisition by Blackstone Group LP.
- Represented a regional electronic security company in the roll-up of several security alarm companies.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a multi-channel retailer of art supplies and its subsequent sale of that company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a leading provider of inventory counting equipment and services and its subsequent sale of that company.
- Represented a holding company in connection with its acquisition of a loss prevention/inventory shrink business.
- Represented the majority shareholders in selling their shares of an international cable business.
- Represented a food company in its sale of a majority interest in a nationally recognized spreads and dips brand.
- Represented a security alarm company in acquiring a central monitoring station.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of products for the digital, still, video and motion picture industries in assuming manufacturing and worldwide distribution of products related to lighting equipment.
- Served as a key member of the firm's transaction team that represented Avecia, an international chemical manufacturing company, with respect to the $100 million sale of its metals extraction and intermediates and stabilizers businesses, the U.S. portion of the $215 million international sale of its protection & hygiene and pool & spa businesses, the U.S. portion of the £71,000,000 international sale of its additives business and other major commercial transactions.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1999
Dickinson College, B.A., 1996, magna cum laude, Political Science
Mid-Atlantic Venture Conference, Past member, Recruiting Committee; Associate Coach for presenting companies,
Early Stage East Venture Conference, Coach for presenting companies
Pennsylvania Bar Association