Robert A. Jones II focuses his practice on representing clients in a range of corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financing transactions. He also negotiates complex commercial agreements, such as managed service contracts and dealer agreements. Rob's clients include emerging growth and established companies in a variety of industries, as well private equity investors and their portfolio companies.
A member of the firm's Security Alarm Industry Practice Group, Rob understands the unique aspects associated with various “as a service” and recurring monthly revenue business models and regularly assists providers of electronic security, energy management and home automation and PERS/mPERS solutions in a variety of corporate and transactional matters.
Rob serves on the planning committee for the Barnes Buchanan Conference, an annual deal conference for leaders in the electronic security industry, and has spoken on trends and opportunities within the industry at past conferences. Rob also serves on the firm's Associates Committee.
- Led the representation of Carpenter Contractors of America in the sale of its fabricated lumber components and field installation services businesses in the Midwest, Carolinas and Florida to Kodiak Building Partners.
- Represented a bundled managed service provider in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including a national discount store chain.
- Represented a software development and integrated technology company in the sale of its value added reseller business.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a multi-channel retailer of art supplies and its subsequent sale of that company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a leading provider of inventory counting equipment and services and its subsequent sale of that company.
- Represented a holding company in connection with its acquisition of a loss prevention/inventory shrink business.
- Represented the majority shareholders in selling their shares of an international cable business.
- Represented a food company in its sale of a majority interest in a nationally recognized spreads and dips brand.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of products for the digital, still, video and motion picture industries in assuming manufacturing and worldwide distribution of products related to lighting equipment.
- Led the representation of Elmhurst Corporation in the sale of ADS Security® to Vector Security®.
- Led the representation of EWS HoldCo, LLC, parent of Eyewitness Surveillance, in its transaction with Stealth Monitoring to combine the two businesses and create the North American leader in technology-driven commercial video surveillance.
- Served as legal counsel to Twin Point Capital in a significant equity investment transaction with Stealth Monitoring, one of the largest and fastest growing providers of live video monitoring solutions in North America.
- Represented Vivint, Inc., a provider of home security systems, in its $2 billion acquisition by Blackstone Group LP.
- Represented a national security solutions company in negotiating managed service contracts with several of its customers including the U.S. subsidiary of an internationally known quick-service restaurant brand.
- Represented a regional electronic security company in the roll-up of several security alarm companies.
- Represented a security alarm company in acquiring a central monitoring station.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1999
Dickinson College, B.A., 1996, magna cum laude, Political Science
- New Jersey
Mid-Atlantic Venture Conference, Past member, Recruiting Committee; Associate Coach for presenting companies
Early Stage East Venture Conference, Coach for presenting companies
Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance - Leadership; Entrepreneurship; and Corporate Council, Member