How Mitch Helps Clients
Mitch is highly thought of in the Florida legal community for his solid working relationship with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and as a person who gets things done.
Mitch represents individuals, tax exempt entities and business organizations, focusing his practice in the area of civil tax controversies with the IRS and Florida Department of Revenue, including U. S. Tax Court, federal district court and state court litigation, transactional and business law representation.
Always tell clients what to expect—not just what they want to hear.
He also has experience handling audit and collection matters and performing annual tax maintenance audits for businesses and tax exempt entities.
In 2018, Mitch was named the Gerald T. Hart Outstanding Tax Attorney of the Year by the Tax Section of The Florida Bar.
What Clients Can Expect
While working to reach the best possible result within the parameters of any situation, Mitch works to support his clients. He's a candid team player who strives to ensure that a client has full understanding of all pros and cons before a decision is made.
He is also upfront about estimating costs, and never over promises about what can be accomplished.
- Named 2018 Tax Attorney of the Year by the Florida Bar.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® list since 2006, named "Lawyer of the Year," in Tampa in the Litigation and Controversy: Tax category in 2017, 2019 and 2021.
- Named to the Florida Super Lawyers list consecutively since 2006.
- Recognized as a leading tax lawyer in Florida by Chambers USA.
- AV® Preeminent distinction, Martindale-Hubbell.
- Listed as a recommended lawyer in Domestic Tax in Florida, The Legal 500 (2008-2013).
University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., 1988
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1984
State University of New York at Binghamton, B.S., 1980, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
American Bar Association: Tax Section
The Florida Bar: Chair, Tax Section, 2006-2007; Chair, 2005-2006
Hillsborough County Bar Association: Tax Section
United States Law Firm Group: Co-Chair, State Tax Committee
Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel
Chair, Court Procedure and Practice Committee, ABA Tax Section
Hillsborough Lodge: No. 25, F.& AM Chaplain, 1992-2005
Downtown YMCA: Member; Board of Directors, 2005-2007; Past Chair, 2003-2004