Experienced Planning for Optimal Results
Our business tax team is experienced in all federal income tax considerations facing both domestic and international corporations. Our clients, ranging from publicly-traded companies to multi-generational closely-held businesses, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, and start-ups, seek our experienced counsel across a wide variety of issues, including:
- Managing the tax status of distressed businesses.
- Structuring the liquidation and dissolution of business enterprises, including asset sales and stock sales.
- Planning and negotiating taxable and tax-free acquisitions
- Restructuring through taxable and tax-free mergers, spin-offs, split-offs, distributions and intercompany sales.
- Advising affiliated groups with respect to consolidated return issues arising from dispositions, acquisitions and restructuring.
- Debt restructuring.
- Advising on tax accounting and inventory identification methods.
- Structuring operations in ways that maximize the benefits and minimize the burdens of the rules governing the tax treatment of financial instruments and insurance products.