How Jared Helps Clients
As an attorney and certified public accountant (CPA), Jared provides tax representation and guidance on complex tax laws and disputes, corporate transactions, reporting, asset protection, and cross-border issues. High-net-worth business owners rely on him to help them navigate the Internal Revenue Code in their business life cycle from incubation and startup through growth and sale or dissolution. He provides strategic direction on planning, restructuring, drafting, and reporting for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and passthrough entities.
Jared advises clients on matters related to cross-border transactions at the international and state levels, helping numerous family businesses and high-net-worth individuals minimize their tax risks and liabilities through strategic business administration and tax planning. Jared’s practice also focuses on tax issues in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and sports, media, and entertainment areas. He has worked with many clients to establish tax-exempt organizations, often serving as an officer on their boards.
Jared holds a certificate in dispute resolution from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law and is skilled at finding leverage in a dispute to force a settlement. However, having practiced extensively before the IRS and DOL in examinations and tax court litigation, he is prepared to fervently advocate for his clients in any setting.
His clients include private Fortune 100 companies; Cayman Island and U.S. banks and their clientele; project investors in oil and gas, real estate, mining, gems and agriculture ventures; International Grammy-winning, Broadway, Hall of Fame and platinum entertainers; professional and Olympic athletes; and federal judges and politicians.
What Clients Can Expect
Jared’s expertise as an attorney-CPA enhances his service to clients. His breadth of knowledge allows him to have a deep understanding of a business, organization, or family’s objectives. He works closely with each client to create effective, efficient strategies to mitigate risks and find solutions.
- Served as Seller’s lead tax counsel in structuring a 4-country $100M equity sale.
- Lead tax counsel for restructuring and global tax compliance for an international investment venture.
- Tax Court representation of 60+ affiliated S corporations and LLCs operating 350 franchise restaurants.
- Lead tax counsel for multiple M&A and partnership transactions from LOI through due diligence and drafting phases to closing
University of Alabama School of Law, LL.M.
Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
Brigham Young University, B.S.
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
- Nevada State Bar Tax Section, Board of Directors
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- French-American Chamber of Commerce