Providing Actionable ESG Advice
We provide a full range of corporate legal services to assist clients with evaluating, benchmarking and assessing their key ESG metrics. Our work is driven by forward-thinking creativity and unique, problem-solving strategies that help mitigate risk, advance business goals and enhance stakeholder value.
We have served as trusted advisors and advocates in connection with ESG matters, public company disclosures, environmental regulation, talent attraction and retention, and community engagement. Our lawyers regularly advise boards of directors and management in developing short- and long-term ESG strategies involving issues of business judgment, risk management and internal controls, corporate governance, shareholder activism, stakeholder relations, diversity and inclusion, ethical compliance, executive compensation, employee benefits, and more.
With a wealth of experience providing sound legal and business advice to companies as well as capital providers, Buchanan’s interdisciplinary approach adds value. We proudly represent some of the highest profile companies in the nation—many well-known names that include more than 40 of the Fortune 100.
Our ESG Services
We provide foundational strategy and legal advice on ESG development and compliance issues, including:
- ESG plans, practices and related public disclosures
- Comprehensive ESG diligence
- ESG third-party reporting
- SEC reporting standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley controls and procedures
- Shareholder relations
- Corporate governance, including board and committee structure and corporate codes of ethics
- Tax structuring
- Development of environmental/green initiatives
- Sustainability reporting
- Carbon reduction and climate change mitigation strategies
- Talent recruitment and retention strategies
- Comprehensive employee benefits solutions
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Affirmative Action plans
- Executive and equity compensation
- Labor and employment issues
Equally as important, we regularly assist clients with the preparation of public company disclosures such as:
- Annual and other reports
- Securities trading and share ownership filings
- Proxy and consent solicitation statements
- Regulation FD and Regulation G
- Document retention
- Investor communications
Our ESG attorneys are focused on moving our clients’ business goals forward while at the same time reducing their exposure to risk.