How Jennifer Helps Clients
Jennifer Minter focuses her practice on a range of corporate finance matters, with an emphasis on federal and state securities law compliance, advising companies on corporate governance and board matters, securities transactions for private and public companies, private capital financings and ongoing representation of emerging growth companies. She is chair of the firm’s Corporate section and serves on the firm's Board of Directors.
Jennifer’s securities practice involves counseling companies on compliance with federal and state securities law regulation, including Exchange Act filings, ownership reporting, and stock exchange requirements; capital markets transactions; and advising on issues relating to executive compensation, corporate governance matters and public company policies and processes.
In addition to her public company and securities focus, her practice also involves counseling emerging growth companies in venture and angel financing, general corporate guidance and equity-based compensation issues, as well as private and public company mergers and acquisitions, and complex corporate transactions.
What Clients Can Expect
Jennifer views herself as part of her client’s team, and prides herself on her responsiveness, and ability to provide practical, business-oriented solutions for her clients. She cares about the success of the companies she counsels, and values the long-term relationships that she builds with them, which is premised on communication, transparency and trust.
My clients view me as a part of their team - acting as a sounding board on various matters in addition to ensuring their compliance with legal requirements. I love that I can add value to their companies, and help to build on their success!
Outside the Office
Jennifer lives in the South Hills of Pittsburgh with her husband and two children. When she’s not assisting clients or working on Firm matters as head of the Corporate group, Jennifer enjoys hiking, traveling and exploring with her family, working on home improvement projects and knitting.
- Represented a multi-generational family-owned business in the energy sector in a corporate restructuring and sale to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), providing a tax-favorable exit event for the owners while ensuring management continuity and opportunities for continued company growth.
- Represented a clinical stage biotechnology company developing cellular therapies for chronic aging-related and life-threatening conditions, in its initial public offering and listing on the Nasdaq Capital Markets.
- Representation of multiple publicly-traded companies with respect to ongoing SEC and SRO compliance matters, including periodic reporting, annual meeting matters and related corporate governance practices.
- Advising a publicly traded company in the natural gas sector in connection with its separation into two separate, publicly traded companies –a natural gas exploration and production company, and a coal company.
- Advise NYSE and Nasdaq-listed companies in capital market transactions, which encompass both private transactions as well as underwritten offerings.
- Serves as outside general counsel to multiple closely-held businesses, and provides guidance on corporate and related legal matters, including issues related to corporate structure, incentive compensation, succession planning and strategic M&A opportunities.
- Represents start-up companies in various sectors, including health and wellness, medical device, health care logistics, ag-tech and electronics, with respect to formation and corporate matters, financings, and exit transactions.
In addition to chairing the firm’s Corporate group and serving on the firm’s Board of Directors, Jennifer is active in the firm's Women's Business Development Committee. She served for two years as an associate coordinator in the firm's nationally recognized summer associate recruiting program.
Jennifer has been consistently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® under the Corporate Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law and Corporate Governance categories. She was also recognized as a leading up and coming attorney in Corporate M&A/Private Equity by Chambers USA for the past three years.
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2000, cum laude
Dickinson College, B.A., 1997, cum laude, Economics and Political Science
Faculty member, Pennsylvania Business Corporation Practice, Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association