Jennifer R. Minter focuses her practice on a range of corporate finance matters, with an emphasis on federal and state securities law compliance, advising companies on corporate governance and board matters, securities transactions for private and public companies, private capital financings and ongoing representation of emerging growth companies. She is chair of the firm’s Corporate section and serves on the firm's Board of Directors.
Jennifer’s securities practice involves public offerings and compliance with federal and state securities law regulation, including Exchange Act filings, Section 16 matters, executive compensation, conflicts mineral analysis, general corporate guidance and stock exchange requirements.
In addition to her public company and securities focus, her practice extends to counseling emerging growth companies in venture and angel financing, general corporate guidance and equity-based compensation issues, as well as private and public company mergers and acquisitions, and complex corporate transactions.
Some of Jennifer's representative transactions have included the following:
- Represented Longeveron Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company developing cellular therapies for chronic aging-related and life-threatening conditions, in its initial public offering and listing on the Nasdaq Capital Markets.
- Advising CNX Resources in connection with its 2017 separation into two separate, publicly traded companies –a natural gas exploration and production company, CNX Resources Corporation (formerly named CONSOL Energy Inc.) and a coal company, CONSOL Energy Inc. (formerly known as CONSOL Mining Corporation).
- Ongoing representation of Dick's Sporting Goods in securities-related and corporate governance matters and transactions, including its acquisitions of Golf Galaxy (Nasdaq: GGXY) and Chick's Sporting Goods; its tender offer acquisition of Galyan's Trading Company (Nasdaq: GLYN); and its 144A Senior Convertible Notes Offering.
- Represents multiple publicly-traded companies with respect to ongoing SEC and SRO compliance matters, including periodic reporting, annual meeting matters and related corporate governance practices.
- Aethon Inc., a robot and software developer and manufacturer in the health care logistics industry, in multiple debt and equity financings, as well as its acquisition in 2017 by a Singapore publicly-traded company.
- Represents multiple medical cannabis companies, representing growers, processors and dispensaries, in corporate, financing and M&A matters, along with navigating the regulatory mazes associated with medical marijuana.
- BodyMedia, a pioneer in developing and marketing wearable body monitors for consumers, in multiple equity financings, as well as its acquisition in August 2013 by Jawbone, a leader and innovator in human-centered wearable technology.
- Clear Count Medical Solutions, a medical device start-up, in each of its equity and convertible debt financings since the Company’s inception in 2004.
- Tandem Health Care, Inc., a provider of long-term health care services, in its $620 million sale to private equity firms JER Partners and Formation Capital, LLC.
- RTI International Metals, Inc. in its securities-related transactions prior to its acquisition, including its public offering of 6.9 million shares of common stock, $230 million Convertible Senior Note offering and $402.5 million Convertible Senior Note offering.
- International solar cell and printed electronics company Plextronics, Inc., in multiple equity and debt financing transactions with strategic partners as well as various venture capital firms and banks.
Jennifer is a member of the firm's Board of Directors and is active in the firm's Women's Business Development Committee. She served for two years as an associate coordinator in the firm's nationally recognized summer associate recruiting program.
Jennifer has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® consistently since 2020 under the Corporate Law and Securities / Capital Markets Law categories. She was also recognized as a leading up and coming attorney in Corporate M&A/Private Equity by Chambers USA in 2019.
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2000, cum laude
Dickinson College, B.A., 1997, cum laude, Economics and Political Science
Faculty member, Pennsylvania Business Corporation Practice, Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association