How Lynn Helps Clients
Inventors, authors, programmers and business managers have sought Lynn's counsel. Federal district courts have recognized him as an expert in patent law and practice. Major corporations have selected him as an arbitrator to decide patent infringement claims.
Lynn's practice covers the full range of intellectual property (IP) matters and keeps him up-to-date with new developments in both the law and technology. As a result, he is able to handle just about any IP problem or transaction that may arise.
I enjoy working with creative people. Seeing their dreams become a successful product of business makes my day.
Lynn has had widespread experience in all areas of patent, trademark, copyright and unfair competition law, and his work involves a wide range of technical subjects. He has obtained and litigated patents on a variety of products including computers, business methods, medical devices, corrosion resistant alloys, building products, network communication devices and methods, window coverings, consumer products and toys.
Lynn has a working knowledge of patent and court systems in all major countries of the world. He has litigated and supervised litigation in all levels of courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. International Trade Commission, and he has coordinated foreign patent litigation.
What Clients Can Expect
Lynn understands the significant and sometimes revolutionary impact that patents have on inventors, investors and businesses. Clients rely on his deep industry knowledge, his experience in all types of patent, trademark and copyright matters and his ability to identify and focus on the key issues.
Lynn's experience makes it possible for him to offer advice that is both practical and creative, to ensure that clients get the best protection available for products and services and achieve their objectives from licensing and litigation.
Outside the Office
Lynn is married with two grown sons. When he's not in the office, he likes to be outdoors and especially enjoys the warmer months when he can be working in vegetable and flower gardens at home. He is also active in several church and community organizations.
- Selected to International Asset Management’s Patent 1000, the best-in-class listing of patent prosecution, licensing and litigation practitioners.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America list since 2006 and recognized under multiple categories: Copyright Law, Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent, Patent Law and Trademark Law; named Pittsburgh "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation – Patent (2020 & 2023), Patent Law (2014 and 2018), Copyright Law (2017), Trademark Law (2015) and Litigation – Intellectual Property (2012).
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list (since 2005); and Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers® list.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers as "Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Litigation Lawyer of the Year" (2012 and 2017), Law & Business Research Ltd. of the United Kingdom as one of the best lawyers for trademarks in the United States.
- Named an IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property in 2013, 2014, 2017-2022.
- Chambers Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers consecutively since 2019.
- Elected president of the Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association in 2002; director of the association for several years.
- Course planner and co-presenter at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute's annual Internet Law Update conference for more than ten years.
- Has taught continuing legal education courses for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute since 1998.
- Has been practicing law since 1976.
- Is an Adjunct Professor teaching Patent Law Practice at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law for over 30 years.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1976
University of Pittsburgh, B.S., 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, adjunct professor, patent law