How Jordan Helps Clients
Jordan focuses his practice on advising and representing clients from across a wide range of heavily regulated industries in complex litigation, national security and compliance matters. Through this representation, Jordan has a wealth of experience litigating in both state and federal courts as well as before various state and federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, and the Pennsylvania Departments of Health, Human Services, Transportation, and State, as well as the Office of Attorney General.
Jordan also has extensive experience advising clients on national security matters such as U.S. economic sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), export controls (including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). He helps U.S. and international organizations to navigate these complex national security regimes and mitigate potential legal and regulatory risks inherent in doing business in the global economy. Where issues of potential non-compliance arise, Jordan guides clients through internal investigations and, where necessary, voluntary self-disclosures and enforcement actions.
Jordan holds the CAMS certification, recognized as the global gold standard in anti-money laundering (ALM) certifications. This qualification demonstrates his aptitude and skills in financial crime detection, prevention, and enforcement. Additionally, Jordan received Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, and Antitrust Law.
What Clients Can Expect
When working with Jordan, clients can expect a fully engaged and hardworking advocate committed to obtaining favorable, tailored results.
Focusing on the unique needs of each client, Jordan works to build and foster long-term relationships with the individuals and businesses he advises and represents.
Outside the Office
Jordan was born and raised in Central Pennsylvania, where he now lives with his wife and daughter. He enjoys traveling (domestic and international), reading, hiking, camping and working on his golf game.
National Security / Export Controls / Anti-Corruption
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical company on the design, implementation and administration of compliance programs related to U.S. national security and anti-money laundering (AML) statutes and regulations.
- Advised multiple defense sector clients on licensing and compliance requirements pursuant to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Conducted internal and regulatory investigations related to multinational companies’ export control and anti-corruption programs.
- Advised think tanks and foreign entities with regards to FARA compliance and registration.
Commercial & Appellate Litigation
- Assisted in representing a major real estate website in their purchase of largest competitor before the DOJ and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Represented health care provider in class action litigation before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and Department of Human Services.
- Represented multibillion-dollar trust in its successful cy pres
- Represented health care provider in complex dispute before the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH).
White Collar Defense, Compliance & Investigations
- Assisted in representing former hedge fund trader against allegations of insider trading made by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Represented pharmaceutical clients in investigations and enforcement actions brought by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- Assisted in representing one of the largest petrochemical companies in Chile against allegations of corruption and money laundering.
- Advised multiple clients in responding to administrative subpoenas and civil investigative demands (CIDs) from various state and federal regulatory agencies.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2014, international study, Tsinghua University, Beijing China
Juniata College, B.A., 2010, magna cum laude, political science and history; international study, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Society for International Affairs (SIA)
Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)