How Geoffrey Helps Clients
Geoffrey Grivner has substantial knowledge regarding the intricacies of practicing in the Delaware courts. He appears regularly in the Delaware Court of Chancery, Superior Court and Supreme Court, as well as Delaware federal District and Bankruptcy Courts. The areas of law in which he practices include commercial and intra-corporate disputes, employment law and education law.
Not only a litigator, Geoffrey also provides corporate advice to clients regarding the Delaware General Corporation Law, the Delaware LLC Act and the Delaware Limited Partnership Act.
Previously, Geoffrey was an attorney at a large, Delaware-based firm and also served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Delaware, where he prosecuted federal gun and drug crimes as part of Operation FED UP. Geoffrey has served as first chair in multiple trials.
What Clients Can Expect
Above all else, Geoffrey is attentive to his clients. No matter the complexity of the issue, Geoffrey is prepared to quickly respond with practical solutions to serve his clients. He is familiar with the particularities of practicing in all of Delaware’s courts and is prepared to work with clients to utilize his knowledge to best achieve his client’s Delaware goals.
Outside the Office
When not working, Geoffrey loves spending time with his wife and three young children and also enjoys cooking, golf and Penn State sports.
I know Delaware – its laws, judges and people.
- Resolved breach of fiduciary duty claims brought against directors of dissolved corporation brought in connection with winding-up of company
- Acted as Delaware counsel in numerous intellectual property actions
- Defended institutional lenders in actions brought by borrowers
- Obtained judgments on behalf of employers in discrimination, wage and whistleblower actions
- Represented multiple charter schools and school districts in special education IDEA actions
The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 2005
The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, B.A., 2002, Political Science, Economics
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland