Defending Healthcare Providers
We have a dedicated team of trial attorneys who devote their practice to defending healthcare providers in complex professional liability cases throughout the country. Our healthcare focused litigation team has defended high exposure malpractice cases involving hospitals, health systems, physicians and physician assistants, nurses, therapists, skilled nursing and assisted living centers, dialysis centers, post-acute facilities, urgent care centers, and corporate owners and executives.
Our healthcare litigators have tried dozens of professional liability cases to verdict and we have designated trial teams focused on the needs of our clients. We also have experience in matters related to arbitration agreements, e-discovery disputes and alternative dispute resolution. Our broad healthcare experience allows us to assess cases early in the process, often resulting in significant cost savings for our clients. Our litigators are also skilled in counseling clients on risk management strategies, including incident response and investigation and litigation avoidance.
Our Recent Experience
- Defended physicians, hospitals, health systems and a wide range of healthcare providers throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey in complex, high-exposure medical professional liability cases.
- Achieved dozens of verdicts in courts throughout Pennsylvania in medical professional liability cases.
- Won arbitration defense verdicts in favor of skilled nursing facilities, in matters relating to falls, pressure ulcers, burns, and neglect and abuse.
- Obtained defense verdicts and/or trial victories for healthcare providers involving claims of professional negligence, wrongful death and corporate negligence.
- Obtained dismissal of corporate parties from corporate negligence claims.
- Achieved enforcement of arbitration agreements in Pennsylvania and New Jersey in both the trial and appellate courts.
- Obtained dismissal of ostensible agency claims against skilled a nursing facility for actions of a physician.
- Resolved hundreds of professional liability matters through mediation and/or direct negotiations, with many resolutions early in the litigation.
- Utilized the firm’s e-discovery team to efficiently manage e-discovery production.
- Utilized litigation technology to bring quality presentations to the courtroom, arbitration and mediation.