How Sean Helps Clients
Sean Moran is a shareholder of Buchanan’s energy section and chairs our oil and gas practice group. He focuses his practice on business transactions and commercial matters within the energy industry and related industrial sectors. In the last few years, he has represented clients in transactions with an aggregate value of in excess of $15 billion.
Sean has handled a range of transactions across the energy spectrum, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, power plant development projects, debt and equity financings, distressed business transactions and commodity, purchase and supply agreements and commercial transactions. His experience spans the traditional and renewable energy spectrums including in connection with the production, transportation, storage and downstream use projects.
What Clients Can Expect
Sean is a balanced thinker, with the imagination to develop creative solutions and the logic needed to implement them, to get from point A to point B, quickly and cost-effectively.
He's a savvy, straightforward analyst who helps clients stay focused on business goals despite day-to-day volatility and unexpected events.
An attorney worth his salt in this industry knows every aspect of his or her client's business: the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Named to City & State PA's 2023 Energy & Environment Power 100
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® list consistently since 2013 in the Corporate Law and Energy Law categories.
- Named The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Energy Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Pittsburgh.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list, 2018 - 2023.
- "Who’s Who in Energy in Pittsburgh" list, Pittsburgh Business Times, 2011-2015, 2017.
- AV® Preeminent certification, Martindale-Hubbell.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1995
University of Pittsburgh, M.B.A., 1995
Syracuse University, B.A., 1990, Economics
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia
Legal Committee, Marcellus Shale Coalition
Energy Editorial Advisory Board, Law360
Advisory Board, Institute for Energy Law (Plano, Texas)
Board of Directors, JDRF of Western PA
Board of Trustees, Propel Schools and Propel Foundation
Member, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
Institute for Energy Law