How Maxwell Helps Clients
Max is an associate in the Litigation practice and is based in Buchanan’s Charlotte office. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation matters. He also advises clients that are subject to government and internal investigations, and corporate compliance. Max represents both businesses and individuals in state and federal court, and in administrative hearings.
Before joining Buchanan, Max practiced with a regional litigation firm where he represented and advised clients involved in complex commercial, securities, employment, and construction litigation. He gained valuable experience representing a wide variety of clients, including electronics corporations, mobile solutions companies, and business professionals, throughout all phases of civil litigation. He also represented both targets and subjects of various white-collar federal grand jury investigations.
Max received his law degree from The George Washington University Law School in 2019. During his time in law school, Max clerked for several federal law enforcement agencies within the Department of Justice, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation. His involvement with these agencies gives him insight in what drives investigations, charging decisions, and enables him to advocate for his clients at all stages. He was also awarded a Pro Bono Recognition Award for providing over 100 hours of pro bono legal services.
What Clients Can Expect
Max takes pride in serving as a passionate advocate for his clients. He utilizes his strong interpersonal skills to assist and counsel clients to successfully implement effective strategies to accomplish his clients’ goals.
Outside the Office
In his spare time, Max enjoys spending time with family and friends, exploring the Carolinas with his three dogs, and reading military history books. Max is also an avid fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Carolina Panthers.
• Represented and successfully secured injunctive relief enforcing a restrictive covenant against a client’s former employee and competitor.
• Represented and successfully defended an individual before the North Carolina State Bar Authorized Practice Committee.
• Represented the target of a federal wire fraud, mortgage fraud, and criminal payroll tax grand jury investigation.
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2019, The George Washington International Law Review , Pro Bono Recognition Award
University of South Carolina, B.A., 2016, magna cum laude , Criminology and Criminal Justice, minor in Spanish, Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Diabetes Association