How Maxwell Helps Clients
Max represents corporations and individuals in government investigations, antitrust matters, complex litigation, national security issues, and white-collar criminal defense.
Max has represented companies and individuals in all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, and at trial. Max also has defended clients in regulatory matters, including in investigations by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and state attorneys general.
Max also advises clients on national security matters such as U.S. economic sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), export controls, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). He helps both domestic and foreign individuals and corporations navigate these national security regimes and mitigate potential legal and regulatory risks.
Max received his law degree from The George Washington University Law School in 2019. During his time in law school, he served as a member of The George Washington International Law Review and was awarded a Pro Bono Recognition Award for providing over 100 hours of pro bono legal services. Max also received Top Secret security clearance to review Sensitive Compartmented Information.
What Clients Can Expect
Max takes pride in serving as a passionate advocate for his clients. He utilizes his strong interpersonal skills to assist and counsel clients to successfully implement effective strategies to accomplish his clients’ goals.
Outside the Office
In his spare time, Max enjoys spending time with family and friends, exploring the Carolinas with his three dogs, and reading military history books. Max is also an avid fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Carolina Panthers.
- Counsel to an individual in an investigation by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Counsel to an individual in a prosecution by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Counsel to a medical research organization in a grand jury investigation led by the United States Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Branch.
- Counsel to an online auctioneer in a grand jury investigation led by the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Represented a generic drug company in wide-ranging litigation by government and private plaintiffs alleging an industry-wide conspiracy to fix prices for generic drugs.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in federal litigation concerning trade secret claims.
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2019, The George Washington International Law Review , Pro Bono Recognition Award
University of South Carolina, B.A., 2016, magna cum laude , Criminology and Criminal Justice, minor in Spanish, Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Diabetes Association