How Mark Helps Clients
Mark represents corporations and individuals in government investigations, antitrust matters, and white-collar litigation.
Mark has represented companies and individuals in all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, and at trial. Mark also has defended clients in regulatory matters, including in investigations by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state attorneys general. Mark also maintains a significant appellate litigation practice, which includes the representation of private entities and nonprofit organizations before federal circuit courts of appeal as well as state intermediate and supreme courts.
As part of his pro bono practice, Mark has represented indigent criminal defendants in federal prosecutions and undocumented immigrants seeking asylum in the United States.
Since 2021, Mark has received a Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Criminal Defense: White-Collar and has been selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Rising Stars® list.
Outside the Office
Mark lives in the Bella Vista section of Philadelphia with his wife, his son and his terrier. Outside the office, Mark enjoys spending time with his family, running and volunteering in his neighborhood.
- Representation of a dental supply and distribution company in antitrust litigation matters throughout the country, including in a three-week price-fixing trial in the Eastern District of New York, in pretrial hearings in the Eastern District of Texas, and litigation before the FTC.
- Representation of non-profit healthcare company in an investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Delaware and the Delaware Department of Justice.
- Representation of an energy company in a grand jury investigation led by the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.
- Representation of a labor union official in a prosecution by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Representation of not-for-profit health system in litigation arising from failed purchase of two hospitals.
- Representation of large accounting firms in investigations by the PCAOB and SEC.
- Design and implementation of risk-based compliance programs – including antitrust, non-retaliation, anti-bribery, and internal investigation policies – for companies in various industry sectors.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2013
Villanova University, B.A., 2008, honors, English, Philosophy
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Public Interest Law Center, Board Member
Young Friends of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Board Member
Bella Vista Neighbors Association, Executive Board Member