How Jennifer Helps Clients
An experienced commercial litigator, Jennifer focuses her practice on complex litigation, with a specialty in data breaches, defending consumer class actions, and antitrust, as well as antitrust counseling. Jennifer has played active roles in several high-profile jury trials, serving as lead counsel in complex mediations, and arguing before courts at both the trial and appellate levels. She also often counsels clients on antitrust matters related to mergers and acquisitions. She has experience litigating monopolization claims, trade secrets, RICO conspiracies, securities fraud, unfair trade practices, breaches of contract and privacy matters. She is a longtime IAPP Certified privacy professional.
With experience on both the plaintiff and defense side, Jennifer has a deep understanding of the legal strategies that support clients’ business objectives. She started her litigation career at a Am Law 20 firm focusing on complex business litigation, and prior to joining Buchanan, she represented plaintiffs at a major class action and antitrust law firm. She also formed and led the privacy, advice and counseling, and merger control practice group at her previous firm.
A strong advocate of pro bono work, Jennifer was a member of the team in the seminal U.S. Supreme Court case Ashcroft v. Iqbal. She also continues to be an active member in her local legal community, and recently served a term as the secretary and publications chair of the California Lawyers Association Privacy Section and as chairperson of the Lawyer’s Club of San Diego’s Awards and Nominations Committee.
What Clients Can Expect
Jennifer builds relationships and works closely with clients to understand their long-term business objectives. With that trust built, Jennifer builds legal strategies that advance those objectives with a clear focus on client values, priorities, and goals.
I believe that understanding a client’s business and goals is the essential first step to achieving success.
Outside the Office
A mother of two children, Jennifer can often be spotted cheering them on at flag football games, dance recitals, and other activities. When she has free time, she enjoys exploring San Diego’s beaches, cooking, and traveling.
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers – Antitrust Litigation – 2022, 2023
- National Law Journal – Plaintiffs’ Attorney Trailblazer – 2022
- San Diego Business Journal – Women of Influence in Law – 2022
- Mondaq Thought Leading Co-Author – Antitrust/Competition Law – 2022
- The American Lawyer – West Trailblazers – 2021
- San Diego Business Journal – Women of Influence in Law – 2021, 2023
- Member, Fellows of the American Bar Foundation – 2021
- National Law Journal – Elite Boutique Trailblazer – 2020
- Member, California Lawyer’s Association – Executive Committee – 2020
- Daily Journal – Top 40 Under 40 in California – 2020, 2021
- Daily Journal – Top Plaintiffs Lawyers – 2022
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers – 2019, 2020
- Member, University at Buffalo School of Law Dean’s Advisory Council
- National Law Review Go-To Thought Leader – 2019, 2021
- International Advisory Experts Award: Complex Business Litigation in California – 2018
- Sanctuary for Families Above and Beyond Achievement Award, for an excellent record of pro bono work on behalf of victims of domestic violence
- Served as chief antitrust counsel for a large private equity firm in a major acquisition valued at more than $500 million, including obtaining HSR clearance from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Represented the National ATM Council and a certified class of independent ATM Operators alleging that Visa and Mastercard used their market power to illegally fix and artificially increase ATM access fees in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Served as court-appointed co-lead counsel for a certified settlement class of over 4 million consumers in one of the first landmark data breach settlements under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
University at Buffalo, MBA, School of Management
University at Buffalo, BS, Business
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, US (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Executive Committee Member, California Lawyers Association, Privacy Section
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Group Leader, ProVisors
- Member, University at Buffalo School of Law, Dean’s Advisory Council
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust and Business Sections
- Member, California Lawyers Association, Antitrust, Business and Privacy Sections
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Sustaining Member, Junior League of San Diego
- Board of Directors, San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Project