How Gretchen Helps Clients
Gretchen is a practical problem solver with significant courtroom experience who handles high-stake cases across the country. She has served as lead trial counsel in jury and bench trials, preliminary injunction hearings and complex arbitrations. Gretchen has litigated and tried cases in state and federal courts across the country. She is co-chair of the firm's Litigation Section.
Gretchen has represented in litigation and arbitration matters publicly traded and privately held companies across a broad range of industries. She also has represented franchisors and employers.
Her experience extends to complex commercial disputes, breach of contract actions, class action defense, Lanham Act, unfair competition and Robinson Patman claims, antitrust claims, restrictive covenant and trade secrets, construction disputes and shareholder disputes.
Complementing her litigation focus, Gretchen has written several articles and given presentations in the arbitration and mediation and trade secrets and restrictive covenants areas.
What Clients Can Expect
Gretchen handles all cases as if they will try either to the jury or court, resulting in great courtroom results or positive, early settlements.
From day one of a case, she remains focused on practical actions from business, financial and strategic perspectives. She communicates well and manages proactively, to deliver value, to minimize the client's anxiety and to meet objectives as quickly as possible.
I care about client's goals, and I manage all aspects of a case to achieve them.
Outside the Office
When she's not working, Gretchen enjoys family time. With two athletic teen daughters, that usually means heading to a swim meet or volleyball match along with her husband.
- Received AV Preeminent certification from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, the highest available mark for professional excellence
- Appointed as Co-Chair of Litigation Section in 2013
- Co-Chair of Pittsburgh Litigation (2011-2013)
- Selected as Pennsylvania "Lawyers on the Fast Track" by American Lawyer Media (2006)
- Named a Pennsylvania Rising Star by Philadelphia Magazine (2005)
University of Baltimore, J.D., 1994, summa cum laude, Comments Editor of the Law Review
University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1990, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Antitrust Law Section, American Bar Association
Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services, Board of Directors
St. Bernard School Athletic Association, Secretary (2012-2014)
Mt. Lebanon Aqua Club, Co-Treasurer (2012-2015)
Leadership Pittsburgh XVIII
Pittsburgh Elite Volleyball Association
Wesley Spectrum Services, Foundation Board (2003-2010)
United Way of Allegheny County, Women's Leadership Council Board (2005-2012)