How Brendan Helps Clients
Brendan Lucas focuses his practice on energy and natural resources law with an emphasis on commercial real estate transactions, zoning and land development. He has experience negotiating, preparing and reviewing complex transactional real estate agreements. Brendan also serves as the solicitor for several municipalities in Western Pennsylvania.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients should expect to be candidly guided through the legal process and apprised of all viable options. This is true whether Brendan is guiding a client through the intricacies of commercial land development, negotiating transactional documents, or advising municipalities on their day-to-day business.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Brendan is married to his wife Michelle. When he’s not working, he enjoys biking, skiing and attempting to play guitar.
“The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every other calling, is diligence. Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today. Never let your correspondence fall behind. Whatever piece of business you have in hand, before stopping, do all the labor pertaining to it which can then be done." – Abraham Lincoln
- Part of a team that negotiated and consummated the long term lease of the City of Scranton parking system, the first transaction of its kind in Pennsylvania.
- Obtained City of Pittsburgh zoning approval to allow for two high-wall business identification signs to be located on the same façade of the Alcoa Corporate Center, the only such approval that has been granted by the City.
- Obtained zoning and land development approval for first-of-its kind compressed natural trucking terminal in Pennsylvania.
- Defended multiple municipal decisions to withhold documents under the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law.
- Named to the Super Lawyers Pennsylvania Rising Stars since 2019.
- Received a Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Energy Law and Environmental Law since 2021.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Virginia, B.A., 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
Chair, Allegheny County Bar Association Energy and Environmental Section