How Stefi Helps Clients
Stefi Peralta Porter focuses her practice on representing clients in complex commercial agreements with their suppliers, customers, service providers, distributors and other strategic partners. Stefi also has experience with a full range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, commercial lending and general corporate governance. Stefi is a member of the firm’s Technology, Licensing and Commercial Contracts Group and Security Alarm Group.
Stefi serves clients in all types of industries, including security alarm, international manufacturing of industrial and consumer products, airport restaurants, food manufacturing and distribution, life sciences, media and entertainment and technology. In addition to providing sophisticated legal counsel for complex agreements, Stefi understands the balance of bringing practical business solutions to help clients stay competitive and manage risk. Stefi often works as an adjunct member of the in-house legal team for various clients to assist with commercial agreements. Within the security alarm industry, Stefi specializes in advising clients on compliance with alarm licensing laws and regulations and consumer protection regulations.
Stefi has drafted and negotiated international and domestic manufacturing and supply agreements; re-seller and distribution agreements; non-disclosure agreements; franchise agreements; services agreements; sales representative agreements; co-packing and food distribution agreements; subcontractor agreements; development agreements; letters of intent; technology licenses; terms and conditions of sale and purchase; formation documents; termination agreements; and IP assignment/contribution agreements for startup/emerging companies.
Among her representative transactions, Stefi:
- Serves as outside general counsel for a security alarm company and prepares and negotiates all its commercial agreements, including customer contracts, dealer agreements, subcontractor agreements and vendor agreements.
- Represents a cotton gin manufacturer in drafting and negotiating its manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Assists in the diligence and documentation of secured term loans and revolving credit facilities for lenders engaged in acquisition financing.
- Represents various for-profit and non-profit corporations with entity selection and formation and obtaining 501(c)(3) status (as applicable).
- Supported a national security alarm client in obtaining over 35 state alarm licenses across the country and provides ongoing compliance counsel.
- Served on the team that assisted Vector Security, Inc. in its acquisitions of a security alarm monitoring company and managed network services company.
- Assisted an international specialty metal company with preparing and negotiating its supply, sales and distribution contracts.
- Represented a chinaware manufacturing company in drafting and negotiating its manufacturing and supply agreements.
Outside the Office
Outside the office, Stefi enjoys spending time on Lake Norman with her husband and three kids. She also enjoys traveling abroad, being active and camping in the great outdoors. Stefi is fluent in Spanish.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2009, CALI Award for Excellence in Persuasive Narrative Seminar; Business Manager, Journal of Law and Commerce
Stanford University, B.A., 2003, International Relations with a Minor in Spanish
- North Carolina
Member and Past Chairman, Hispanic Attorneys Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce