Robin is an experienced corporate attorney who has represented clients in the energy, health care technology and pharmaceutical industries as well as non-profit organizations. She concentrates her practice on private company mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt investments, financings, commercial contracts, and corporate governance matters for both corporate clients and nonprofit entities.
Robin has experience structuring a variety of transactions, including asset and stock purchases and dispositions, asset exchanges, mergers, consolidations, spin-offs, corporate reorganizations, asset divisions and related transactions. In addition, Robin’s commercial contract experience includes manufacturing, distribution, supply quality assurance and technology licensing agreements.
Robin’s recent representative experience includes:
- Negotiated and drafted transactional documents, including stock purchase agreement, secured promissory note, security agreement, operating agreement for a newly formed limited liability company, and ancillary documents for a corporate reorganization.
- Negotiated and drafted transactional documents, including a stockholders agreement, equity contribution agreements, redemption agreements and ancillary documents for a corporate reorganization.
- Negotiated and drafted seller-side transactional documents, including an asset purchase agreement, for the sale of assets used in the manufacturing of metal castings, including a landfill.
- Formed a technology start-up corporation and counseled the corporation on a full range of day-to-day commercial matters, including attracting angel round investors.
- Drafted financing documents, technology licensing agreements, and a joint venture agreement for a colocation data center.
- Negotiated and drafted a manufacturing agreement and quality assurance agreement on behalf of a pharmaceutical company, in connection with distribution of a newly branded drug.
- Negotiated and drafted a long term raw material supply agreement on behalf of a consumer products company.
- Negotiated and drafted a pharmaceutical company’s quality agreements with multiple suppliers, to ensure the company’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Represented a non-profit organization from formation through approval of its 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service.
Robin’s energy and natural resources practice is focused on the oil and gas industry, particularly acquisitions and divestitures involving Marcellus shale assets. She served on the Buchanan team that conducted buy-side due diligence for a $1.7 billion joint venture in the Marcellus shale, including mineral title due diligence for over 5,000 oil and gas leases covering 300,000 mineral acres.
The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1997
University of Maryland, B.S., 1993, Accounting
- District of Columbia
Maryland Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar