How Kyle Helps Clients
Kyle is an experienced trial attorney in Florida state and federal courts representing clients in all phases of litigation, from inception through discovery and trial. His commercial litigation practice includes a wide array of cases involving business disputes, labor and employment, restrictive covenants, real estate, construction, and probate related matters.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Kyle worked at a boutique trial firm in Fort Lauderdale where he gained invaluable experience litigating high-stakes cases from inception through trial.
Kyle has worked on numerous appeals and authored appellate briefs in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and Florida Courts of Appeal.
Prior to his commercial litigation practice, Kyle represented individuals and businesses in negligence and wrongful death cases throughout the state of Florida.
During law school, Kyle served as a Law Clerk for the United States Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Florida, where he assisted federal prosecutors on sensitive criminal investigations and prosecutions. After law school, he served as a Graduate Fellow at the Fourth District Court of Appeal, where he drafted bench memoranda on civil and criminal appellate matters.
Kyle enjoys volunteering his time to help others and recently obtained the dismissal of an eviction lawsuit against a tenant that he represented in a pro bono case which was seeking to evict a family of five from their residence without justification.
What Clients Can Expect
Kyle takes the time to understand his clients’ business (or personal situation) and their specific goals surrounding the litigation they find themselves in. Kyle takes a pragmatic and thorough approach when litigating a case in an effort to streamline litigation and ensure his clients are best served.
'Be the lawyer not the litigant'—this reminds me to zealously advocate for my clients to the fullest of my abilities and in accordance with the law, while maintaining composure and providing my clients with sound legal advice, never clouded by the emotions of litigation.
Outside the Office
A native of Philadelphia, Kyle moved to South Florida and attended college and law school. Kyle and his wife reside in Fort Lauderdale with their two young children. In addition to spending time with his family and friends, Kyle loves music, sports and great barbeque. He enjoys going to concerts, sporting events, playing golf, and being an active member of the community.
- Served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Nova Law Review.
- Selected as a “Top 40 Under 40” by the Broward County Bar Association in 2021.
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer: Ones to Watch, for The Best Lawyers in America©, since 2021 in the categories of insurance law, appellate practice, product liability litigation - defendants and commercial litigation.
- Recognized in the 2022 edition of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up & Comers.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2023 Florida Rising Stars® list.
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2015, cum laude, Editor-in-Chief—Nova Law Review
Florida Atlantic University, B.A., 2012, Political Science
Palm Beach State College, A.A., 2010, Business Administration
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar Journal - Editorial Board Member (2018 – Present)
- Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section – President-Elect (2023 - 2024); Treasurer (2022 - 2023); Secretary (2021 - 2022); Board Member (2018 - Present)
- Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter – Treasurer (2023 - Present); National Delegate (2022 - 2023); Board Member (2019 - Present)
- Federalist Society, Broward Chapter, President
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance - Corporate Council, Member
- Legal Aid Services of Broward County - Advice Hotline Volunteer
- Museum of Discovery and Science Fort Lauderdale: Annual Wine, Spirits and Culinary Celebration - Committee Member