How Kyle Helps Clients
Kyle J. Meyer concentrates his practice on commercial and appellate litigation, primarily representing for-profit and nonprofit corporations, health care and insurance entities, financial institutions, small to mid-size businesses and municipal entities in complex business and regulatory matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Kyle began his legal career at the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, a state appellate court specializing in matters involving state and local governments and regulatory agencies, where he served as judicial clerk to both the Hon. P. Kevin Brobson and the Hon. Keith B. Quigley. Kyle also served as judicial intern to the Hon. Mary Hannah Leavitt of the Commonwealth Court during law school.
What Clients Can Expect
Kyle is a detail-oriented yet practical litigator experienced in handling various types of commercial and business disputes, with knowledge in state administrative law and matters involving entities regulated by state and local governmental bodies.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in central Pennsylvania, Kyle enjoys spending time with friends and family, doing all things outdoors, and travelling domestically and abroad. Had he not become an attorney, Kyle would have either pursued a career as a travel writer or looked to build a start-up company.
- Served on a team representing a major insurance company in a proposed class action involving the insurer’s reserves and surplus.
- Aided in the representation of a major transportation network company (TNC) in litigation over the authority of a state administrative agency to regulate the company’s activities.
- Participated in the representation of a long-standing charitable trust seeking court approval to modify trust documents due to financial hardship.
- Assisted in the representation of a municipal railroad authority in a dispute brought by a private railroad challenging the authority’s compliance with state competitive bidding requirements.
- Aided in the representation of a hospital system in action challenging the hospital system’s compliance with an order from a state administrative agency in negotiating provider contracts with a national insurance company.
Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2009
University of Delaware, B.A., 2006, Political Science and International Relations
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Middle District Court
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Dauphin County Bar Association
William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court, Harrisburg, PA
James S. Bowman American Inn of Court, Harrisburg, PA