How Jason Helps Clients
Jason brings his vast experience as a trial lawyer and former federal prosecutor to all of his matters. A creative and analytical thinker, Jason is a problem solver. He represents white-collar clients in federal and state criminal matters, grand jury investigations, internal investigations, and civil litigation involving the False Claims Act. As an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for over 14 years, Jason prosecuted complex matters involving the False Claims Act, mail and wire fraud, health care fraud, federal program bribery, honest services fraud, tax violations, money laundering, the unlawful distribution of opioids, unlawful sports betting, and RICO. He has handled multi-week federal criminal trials and notable homicide cases at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where he began his career. Jason has tried over 80 jury trials and hundreds of bench trials.
Jason’s prosecutorial background gives him insight into what drives criminal investigations and charging decisions, and it enables him to effectively advocate for his clients at every stage. He has worked with the FBI, IRS, HHS, DEA, HSI, DOT, TIGTA, DOL, ATF, the U.S. Marshals Service, Amtrak, the Philadelphia Office of Inspector General, and state and local police departments. He was selected to mentor multiple Assistant United States Attorneys and served as an Adjunct Professor at the Temple University Beasley School of Law where he taught federal criminal trial practice and advocacy.
What Clients Can Expect
Jason approaches each case with an attention to detail that informs a comprehensive strategy. He believes cases are won and lost on those details and on persuasive advocacy at every step. He strives to avoid criminal charges for his clients but, when that result is not possible, Jason is a highly skilled courtroom advocate. Clients appreciate his communication skills, honesty, and patience.
Outside the Office
Jason lives with his wife and three children in a suburb of Philadelphia. He and his wife are devoted to supporting their children in a variety of activities and to caring for their high-maintenance dog. In his spare time, Jason is an avid sports fan who enjoys running, cycling, and hiking. A college athlete, he has completed six Ironman triathlons and a dozen marathons.
- Investigated business and its executive team for paying bribes, submitting false claims for payment, and wire fraud in connection with government contracts that exceeded $75 million. Handled extensive negotiations with defense counsel for a non-trial resolution for the business and executive team while also coordinating a parallel civil investigation of the contract award.
- Investigated business and its CEO for paying bribes, submitting false claims for payment, and wire fraud in connection with government contracts that exceeded $4 million.
- Investigated an accountant for tax fraud stemming from his failure to pay $3.2 million dollars to the IRS on behalf of his clients.
- Investigated an attorney for tax evasion stemming from his hiding $80,000 of income in a minor child’s bank account to avoid IRS collection efforts.
- Investigated fifteen members of an offshore gambling business for using an internet website that committed RICO and domestic and international money laundering offenses. Resolved the case with a global plea agreement and forfeiture of $3.4 million.
- Investigated ten doctors, four physician’s assistants, and an office manager for illegally prescribing opioids to pain management patients at multiple clinics over a four-year period.
- Investigated two doctors for distributing opioids that caused the death of their patients. The first doctor was convicted after a five-week jury trial and the second doctor was convicted after a twelve-week jury trial.
- Investigated three city employees for soliciting and accepting bribes in connection with their work for the Department of Revenue.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2018 Clifford Scott Green Bill of Rights Award Winner
- 2018 FBI Director’s Letter
- 2014 FBI Director’s Letter
- 2014 Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) National Award for Outstanding Investigation in Mid-Atlantic Region
- 2014 Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General Cooperative Achievement Award
- 2014 National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association Investigation of the Year Award – Honorable Mention
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude; Temple Law Review; Moot Court Honor Society
Colby College, B.A., 1994, cum laude, Government and American Studies
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Saint Katharine of Siena Parish in Wayne, PA, Member