How Elizabeth Helps Clients
Elizabeth is a tax attorney who focuses on advising high net worth families and charitable organizations.
Elizabeth advises families on the tax-efficient accumulation, management and transfer of wealth, particularly in connection with closely held businesses and other valued assets, such as fine art and other collectibles. In addition to an in-depth knowledge of tax law, Elizabeth takes the time to listen and learn about family dynamics and to understand each family’s unique relationship with their wealth so that the resulting plan is tailored to the family’s needs.
No two families are the same, so no two estate plans should be the same.
Elizabeth also works closely with private foundations and public charities, advising on a wide variety of issues, including grant making, program-related investments, planned giving programs and public-private partnerships.
Elizabeth has earned a National Association of Estate Planners & Councils Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) Designation.* The AEP® designation is awarded by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils to recognize estate planning professionals who meet stringent requirements of experience, knowledge, education, professional reputation and character.
- Earned the Martindale-Hubble Peer Review AV (Preeminent) Rating, Martindale-Hubble's highest available mark for professional excellence.
- Regular contributor to Bloomberg Tax publications.
- Honored as Author of the Year by Bloomberg Tax in 2019 for Tax Management Portfolio 815, Planning for Authors, Musicians, Artists, and Collectors
- Co-author of Tax Management Portfolio 489, Social Enterprise by Non-Profits and Hybrid Organizations.
- TEP (full member) of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), a worldwide professional association for those advising families on wealth, succession and philanthropic planning.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© since 2021 in the area of Trusts and Estates.
*Attorneys in NY and PA are not permitted the use of the AEP/NAEPC designation on letterhead, websites or signature blocks when communicating with clients.
New York University, LL.M., 2007, Taxation
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2001
Kenyon College, B.A., 1997, cum laude, History (highest honors) and Studio Art
- District of Columbia
- New York
Pennsylvania Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council, president
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Mid-Atlantic Branch
Trustee, UVA Health Foundation
Member, Villanova School of Nursing Board of Consultors
Emeritus Director, Naumburg Orchestral Concerts, Inc.
Past President, Washington D.C. Estate Planning Council