How Elizabeth Helps Clients
Elizabeth is a tax attorney who focuses on advising high net worth families and charitable organizations.
Elizabeth advises families on the tax-efficient accumulation, management and transfer of wealth, particularly in connection with closely held businesses and other valued assets, such as fine art and other collectibles. In addition to an in-depth knowledge of tax law, Elizabeth takes the time to listen and learn about family dynamics and to understand each family’s unique relationship with their wealth so that the resulting plan is tailored to the family’s needs. Elizabeth employs many creative techniques to accomplish her clients' goals, including a variety of trusts, estate freeze transactions, business succession planning, pre- and post-martial planning and charitable planning.
No two families are the same, so no two estate plans should be the same.
Elizabeth also works closely with private foundations and public charities, advising on a wide variety of issues, including grant making, program-related investments, planned giving programs and public-private partnerships. As an extension of her work with nonprofits, Elizabeth also advises social enterprise organizations, such as benefit corporations and low-profit limited liability companies.
What Clients Can Expect
Elizabeth's clients appreciate not just her expertise, but her drive to help create a highly customized plan.
She is a strong, sincere communicator who cares deeply about her clients, their families, their businesses and their charitable initiatives.
Outside the Office
When not working, Elizabeth takes advantage of everything the District of Columbia has to offer, from nature to museums and beyond, with her husband, twin daughters and two dogs.
- Serves as chair of the Wealth & Succession Planning Group, a part of the firm's Tax Section.
- Serves as chair of the firm's interdisciplinary Nonprofit Organizations Group.
- Earned the Martindale-Hubble Peer Review AV (Preeminent) Rating, Martindale-Hubble's highest available mark for professional excellence.
- Frequent lecturer on topics relating to estate planning, nonprofit organizations and social enterprise.
- Regular contributor to Bloomberg BNA publications.
- Honored as Author of the Year by Bloomberg Tax Estates, Gifts & Trusts Tax Portfolio in 2019
- Co-author of Tax Management Portfolio 489, Social Enterprise by Non-Profits and Hybrid Organizations.
- Member of the Bloomberg BNA Advisory Board for Estates, Gifts and Trust.
New York University, LL.M., 2007, Taxation
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2001
Kenyon College, B.A., 1997, cum laude, History (highest honors) and Studio Art
- District of Columbia
- New York
Pennsylvania Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar
Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
Emeritus Director, Naumburg Orchestral Concerts, Inc.
Board of Directors and Secretary, Washington Estate Planning Council