Cindy Dunlap Hinkle is an experienced litigator with a practice that consists of civil, commercial, employment, oil and gas and toxic tort/asbestos litigation matters before federal and state courts and several arbitration forums.
Cindy is a member of several of the firm's practice groups including: Trade Secret and Restrictive Covenants, Commercial Litigation, Securities and Products Liability. She has represented private and publicly traded companies in the metals, energy and natural resources, technology, retail and industrial sales, health care, real estate and financial institution industry groups.
Representative matters include:
- Counsel to oil and gas pipeline and production companies with litigation experience in right-of-way/landowner and eminent domain issues. Secured temporary injunctions to prohibit landowners from refusing to comply with lease and easement terms.
- Counsel to several securities/brokerage firms in federal court and before FINRA arbitration boards. Secured injunctions in matters where former employees have engaged in the theft of trade secrets and other confidential materials and/or unfair trade practices.
- Counsel to publicly traded industrial manufacturers in various contract disputes and complex products liability disputes.
- Counsel to an elder condominium association seeking the opening of a closed right-of-way over the property of a shopping center, securing a preliminary injunction prohibiting the shopping center from continuing to block the right of way.
- Counsel to a national surety company regarding the collection of losses from indemnitors across the country.
- Counsel to an international bus manufacturing company in a complex contract dispute over allegedly patented or trademarked materials.
- Counsel to a small automobile insurance company in the defense of a simple automobile accident and property damage claims.
- Counsel to a national indirect lender for automobile purchases in a complex matter involving the failure of a dealer to provide the title to used vehicles, securing a preliminary injunction requiring third parties holding vehicle titles to provide them to the indirect lender.
- Counsel to an internet marketing company in researching and drafting a survey of all U.S. and individual state and European laws against the sending of unsolicited electronic mail, assisting the client in the development of a compliance plan for the dissemination of e-mail to the public.
- Counsel to a large hotel chain defending against lawsuits involving racial discrimination in employment and public accommodations.
- Counsel to a small construction firm dealing with asbestos injury claims, having such claims dismissed at both the early stages of a matter and at summary judgment.
While in law school, Cindy was enrolled in the trial advocacy program. While attending law school, she worked as a clerk for the Honorable Thomas O’Neill, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and was an active member of the Korean-American Law Students Association.
Cindy was honored by her peers and selected to be on the 2013 and 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2000
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1997
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Past Vice Chair of the Asian Attorney Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Asian Pacific American Bar Association – Western Pennsylvania Liaison to Executive Committee
Southwest Pennsylvania Regional Housing Advisory Committee
Portersville Muddy Creek Township Volunteer Fire Department, active firefighter
Muddy Creek Township Planning Commission
Board Member – Butler County Humane Society
Neighborhood Legal Services – Pro Bono