Buchanan Serves as Legal Counsel and Strategic Partner to the REMS Industry Consortium
WASHINGTON, D.C. - December 17, 2021 - Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is legal counsel to the REMS Industry Consortium and its strategic partner in establishing and advancing the RIC mission of innovating patient safety and risk mitigation.
The REMS Industry Consortium, Inc. (RIC) is a nonprofit organization representing the perspectives of organizations that sell, or anticipate selling, prescription drugs or biologics subject to Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS). Through its mission, RIC fosters collaboration and innovation to advance patient safety, develops best practices, works to solve industry issues and more.
Additionally, the RIC works to:
- Foster and encourage two-way communication between Manufacturer/REMS sponsors and FDA
- Discuss and clarify challenges faced by industry sponsors and FDA
- Establish best practices for REMS throughout the development, review, and management lifecycle
- Provide FDA with a "sounding board" to solicit feedback on REMS
- Collectively explore expectations for vendors, including participation and capabilities in REMS
Visit REMSconsortium.org to learn more about RIC.
Related Services & Industries