How Argia Helps Clients
Argia’s practice areas include complex commercial matters, as well as matrimonial law, with particular experience in class action defense, products liability, and contract and business tort litigation. She has represented companies in the pharmaceutical, chemical, automotive, financial and retail sectors in state and federal courts across the country.
In her active pro bono practice, Argia has advocated for immigrants seeking U.S. permanent residency and citizenship status in domestic violence situations. Argia also represented indigent clients working with Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Prisoner Civil Rights Panel.
Before joining Buchanan, Argia practiced for six years at an international law firm in Philadelphia and clerked for the Honorable Gerald J. Pappert in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Argia has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch since 2022 in the area of Commercial Litigation.
Outside the Office
Argia enjoys spending time with her family, staying active, and traveling, especially when it affords her the chance to brush up on her Spanish.
- Prevailed on Third Circuit appeal of $3.7 million attorneys’ fee award in class action defense suit, resulting in overturn of lower court’s award to plaintiffs based on insufficient record.
- Defeated plaintiffs’ class action motion against automotive company in multi-million dollar defective products suit, effectively ending years-long litigation in parallel New Jersey federal and state court cases
- Won complete defense jury verdict for chemical manufacturer in months-long products liability trial in New York state court
- Secured dismissal of False Claims Act whistleblower claims against pharmaceutical company in federal court
- Represented pharmaceutical company in multi-jurisdictional mass tort litigation involving testosterone replacement therapy
- Obtained dismissal for non-profit organization in malicious prosecution action before Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Appointed as pro bono counsel and co-chaired federal jury trial in prisoner’s civil rights case in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011
American University, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude, International Studies & Spanish
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Philadelphia Bar Association
University of Pennsylvania Law School American Inn of Court
New York State Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania's Prisoner Civil Rights Panel
Product Liability Advisory Council, Future Leaders Program