How Adam Helps Clients
Adam Wicks works in the firm’s Corporate Finance Section out of the Pittsburgh office. Adam’s practice focuses on a wide range of corporate matters, advising clients ranging from startups to publicly traded companies on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financings and offerings, and federal and state securities law compliance. He works with clients in a variety of industries including technology, manufacturing, sports, professional services, security alarm and the nonprofit sector.
Adam’s past experience also includes working at a sports agency in Boston, where he provided legal support and assisted MLBPA Certified Agents in their day-to-day client representation responsibilities, including contract negotiations, player research and scouting, corporate endorsements, public relations and multimedia production.
What Clients Can Expect
In addition to providing sophisticated legal counsel, Adam is committed to understanding the ins and outs of his clients’ businesses and providing practical solutions to everyday issues. Adam has a knack for being able to see the big picture of a transaction or legal issue while maintaining an acute attention to detail.
Some of Adam’s representative transactions and engagements include the following:
- Ongoing representation of a Pittsburgh-based independent investment firm, serving as lead transaction counsel in various private equity portfolio investments.
- Ongoing representation of a prominent Pittsburgh venture capital firm in its various portfolio investments, often as lead investor’s counsel in early-stage preferred stock rounds.
- Ongoing representation of C360 Technologies, Inc., a video media company specializing in 360-degree camera and virtual reality technology, serving as the company's outside general counsel on various corporate matters and as lead transaction counsel in the company's Series A Preferred Stock offering and follow-on bridge financings.
- Represented a New York City-based private equity group in the acquisition of the general partnership interest in three private equity funds from a national private equity fund management practice and the strategic recruitment of the fund manager to join the group's senior management team.
- Represented Longeveron Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company developing cellular therapies for chronic aging-related and life-threatening conditions, in its initial public offering and listing on the Nasdaq Capital Market.
- Ongoing representation of Smith Micro Software, Inc., a publicly traded developer of mobile software solutions, in various transactions, including its underwritten follow-on public stock offering, various common stock private placement offerings and its acquisition of the Smart Retail product suite from ISM Connect, LLC.
- Represented a Pittsburgh-based publicly traded company in its acquisition of an industry leader in electronics reliability analysis software.
- Advised CNX Resources in connection with its 2017 separation into two separate publicly traded companies – a natural gas exploration and production company and a coal company.
- Represented Hatch, a leading global professional services firm, in its acquisition of LTK Consulting Services, Inc., a Pennsylvania-based transportation engineering consulting firm that specializes in transit, transit vehicles, and transit systems, via reverse triangular merger.
- Represented Wombat Security Technologies, Inc., a privately held, venture backed Pittsburgh-based leader for phishing simulation and security awareness computer-based training in growth financings and its subsequent sale to Proofpoint, Inc., a publicly-traded cybersecurity solutions provider.
- Represented a large family-owned Pennsylvania-based liquid waste service provider in its acquisition by a private-equity backed national provider of non-hazardous liquid waste solutions.
- Represented Groupe SEB, a publicly traded French manufacturing conglomerate and its U.S subsidiary in its acquisition of Wilbur Curtis Co., a U.S. manufacturer of professional coffee equipment.
- Represented a Pennsylvania powdered metal company in its acquisition by a US subsidiary of a publicly traded Japanese company, via reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a Virginia-based search fund in its acquisition of a privately owned security alarm company and simultaneous execution of a revolving senior credit facility, and subsequently in various add-on acquisitions.
- Ongoing representation of the U.S. operating subsidiary of a publicly traded company on the London Stock Exchange, including its acquisition of a California-based aerospace parts manufacturer, several private placement financings and general corporate governance matters.
- Represented a large Austrian manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiary in an equity acquisition of a complimentary Erie, PA-based manufacturing business.
- Represented a Pittsburgh-based manufacturer and supplier of molded chocolate in its acquisition by a French chocolatier.
- Represented the owner a Pittsburgh-area auto dealership in the sale of its dealership and related assets.
- Represented the owner and operator of a 30-location family-style restaurant chain in the sale of the assets of his restaurants to a national private equity firm.
Adam also counsels many of the firm’s public company clients on matters including Exchange Act filings, Section 16 matters, executive compensation, conflict minerals analysis, general corporate guidance and stock exchange requirements.
Adam received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Corporate Law.
Outside the Office
A life-long Pittsburgher (save a brief stint in Boston for law school), Adam is passionate about the changes happening in the city of Pittsburgh, on both a personal and professional level. Adam is involved in many local organizations and programs that seek to foster and grow the thriving tech community that is putting Pittsburgh on the map as an industry leader in the 21st century. Adam loves to stay active by running (he completed the 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon, along with a number of other local races), training for triathlons, and playing golf and softball. He currently resides in the East End of Pittsburgh with his wife and daughter.
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2014
The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2011, with distinction
American Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, President, Emerging Leadership Board
Pittsburgh Kids Foundation, Board of Directors
KidsVoice, Vice President, Young Professionals Board
Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. LDI XXVII, Graduate