How Bill Helps Clients
Bill is an experienced litigator with a practice focused on commercial litigation, professional liability defense and non-compete restrictive covenant litigation. In the course his 30-year career, Bill has become a trusted advisor to his clients from day-to-day legal counsel through complex litigation. Bill steadfastly guards his clients’ interests and, when appropriate, zealously prosecutes his client’s positions in court. He has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal court.
Bill immerses himself in his clients’ business and the industries in which they operate and sets a clear path from the present to the desired objective. He is equally experienced and at ease in the C- Suite advising executives and on the factory floor meeting with workers in the course of preparing complex legal positions and strategy. Bill’s philosophy is the best way to protect a client’s interests is through early analysis, clear strategy and tenacious preparation.
Bill has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® consistently since 2019 in the Litigation - Construction and Litigation- Health Care categories. In 2021, Bill was also named Lawyer of the Year by his peers in the Litigation – Healthcare category.
What Clients Can Expect
Bill is known for his tenacity, responsiveness, straightforward pragmatism, accountability and a dogged determination to achieve the set goals. His clients always know they will get a clear and understandable assessment of their situation, which Bill uses to develop a strategy for the best possible outcome.
Outside the Office
Bill is active in his community, having served as the vice president of his school district’s board of directors. He also has served on the board of directors for his community’s theater arts center, where during Bill’s tenure, programs for special needs children were greatly expanded. In his free time, Bill and his wife Sandy enjoy being outdoors playing golf, hiking and biking.
Loyalty that runs deep is important to me. When I take on a case, I understand the importance of the matter and commit to it thoroughly and with passion, until our objective is achieved.
- Successfully represented international corporation in Federal Court against a former employee who had taken an important trade secret, obtaining recovery of the trade secret information and an injunction.
- Defeated and attempt to obtain an injunction in state court against a group of employees who left a national insurance concern to join a competitor.
- Defeated an attempt at an injunction against a national food service company from using a trade name on the eve of the first game of a professional sports season.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a private university against a claim that valuable art work had been destroyed as a result of negligence. In the same action obtained an award for all of the Universities legal fees against a co-defendant.
- Obtained a million dollar jury verdict in connection with the sale of a business.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1988
University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1984, Economics
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Mt. Lebanon School District School Board. Vice President
Center for Theater Arts Board of Directors
Allegheny County Protection from Abuse Program