Numerous media outlets reported that six Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney professionals were named to Governor-elect Tom Corbett's transition team. Articles published in the November 30, 2010 edition of The Philadelphia Inquirer and the December 1, 2010 edition of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette listed the 400 people Gov.-elect Tom Corbett selected to man the 17 groups on his transition team that will, "[e]xamine every state department and help formulate policy, choose key personnel and recommend ways to cut costs."
According to the Inquirer article, "Corbett told reporters Tuesday that he expects those people, broken up into 17 teams, to send him drafts of their findings and recommendations in the next few weeks, with a final report ready in early January."
In the Post-Gazette, Corbett added, "It's a wide spectrum of people," that includes many who helped or worked with Gov. Tom Ridge and Gov. Dick Thornburgh's administrations, as well as people who worked with him when he was in private practice as an attorney.
In addition to the firm's CEO Jack Barbour, Buchanan professionals on the transition team include the following:
- Commonwealth Committee - Fred D'Angelo, Shareholder
- Energy and Environment Committee - Brian Clark, Shareholder
- Health and Aging Committee - Kim Sokoloski, Government Relations Consultant
- Labor and Workforce Development Committee - Dave Hackett, Senior Attorney
- State Committee - Kim Pizzingrilli, Government Relations Professional