How Sarah Helps Clients
Sarah’s practice focuses primarily on representing both buy and sell-side clients in middle market merger and acquisition transactions. She also represents and advises clients ranging from emerging companies to publicly traded companies on general corporate matters, public and private financings, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance. A member of the firm’s Security Alarm Practice Industry Group, Sarah has successfully guided both buyers and sellers in M&A transactions in the security alarm industry and is well-versed in the unique issues that arise during the course of these transactions.
Sarah’s public company practice involves advising clients on capital markets transactions, Exchange Act filings, ownership reporting, and federal and state securities law compliance.
Before returning to Pittsburgh, her hometown, to pursue a law degree, Sarah lived in Seoul, South Korea, where she taught English as a Second Language and in Paris, France. While in Paris, she earned a Master of the Arts in Global Communications at the American University of Paris and worked in marketing for a major U.S. fast food chain at a global advertising agency. Later, she joined a French SAAS startup incubator as a Marketing Manager.
What Clients Can Expect
Sarah’s diverse experiences, combined with her background in marketing and experience in international entrepreneurship, enable her to provide a unique perspective that she brings to her practice every day
Outside the Office
When she’s not in the office, Sarah enjoys spending time with family and friends, trying new restaurants, traveling, doing the New York Times Crossword, and walking her dog through Pittsburgh’s many beautiful parks and neighborhoods.
- Representation of Smith Micro Software, Inc., a publicly traded developer of mobile software solutions, including registered and private placement offerings.
- Representation of Longeveron Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company developing cellular therapies for chronic aging-related and life-threatening conditions, in its initial public offering and listing on the Nasdaq Capital Market, various follow-on offerings, and ongoing SEC compliance.
- Representation of Carpenter Contractors of America in the sale of its fabricated lumber components and field installation services businesses in the Midwest, Carolinas and Florida to Kodiak Building Partners.
- Representation of a national PERS company in the sale of 100% of its equity to a competitor.
- Representation of security alarm companies on the buy and sell-sides, in various bank financing transactions, and in ongoing compliance matters.
- Representation of a wide variety of companies in their acquisitions by private equity firms, including in the fields of metal finishing/industrial coating, traffic control, signage, wire rope and rigging, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Representation of Pittsburgh-based technology startup in its $5 million Series Seed financing round.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2019, cum laude
The American University of Paris, M.A., 2012, magna cum laude, Global Communications
Northwestern University, B.A., 2009, Cultural and Linguistic Anthropology
- Allegheny County Bar Association