Robert V. Glentzer concentrates his practice on debt financing transactions, representing financial institutions in syndicated and bilateral credit facilities. He also serves as borrower's counsel, and in that capacity has represented local and national companies in a variety of debt financings. Rob's financing experience includes secured and unsecured lending, healthcare financing, energy financing, syndicated transactions, project financing, ESOP financing, real estate financing and general equipment and asset-based financing. Although based in the firm's Pittsburgh office, Rob's practice extends to clients in Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Cleveland, New York and Philadelphia as well.
Robert's recent representations include:
- Secured revolving credit facility for a borrower in the oil and gas industry (counsel to agent).
- Secured term loan facility for a privately held biofuel facility in Maine (counsel to lender).
- Secured revolving credit facility for a borrower in the agricultural production and distribution industry (counsel to agent).
- $195 million secured term loan facility for a borrower in the mineral industry (counsel to agent).
- Secured revolving credit and term loan facility for a borrower in the manufacturing industry (counsel to agent).
- $750 million secured revolving credit facility for a borrower in the coal industry (counsel to agent).
While in law school, Robert served as a law clerk in the Hearing Examiner's Office of the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Professional Licensing. In this capacity, he researched and drafted disciplinary orders.
Robert also completed two legal internships with the Pennsylvania Senate under Senator Robert D. Robbins, where, among other things, he was responsible for researching the constitutionality of proposed legislation. As an undergraduate, he was selected to study literary criticism and Shakespeare at St. Edmund's Hall of Oxford.
The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2003, cum laude, Sydney D. Kline Scholarship, Woolsack Honor Society, President of the Environmental Law Society
Gannon University, B.A., 2000, cum laude, Bishop Gannon Medal of Honor, Member of the Board of Trustees, English with an Emphasis in Writing and a Minor in Philosophy
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association Section of International Law