Michael Hall has significant experience helping companies strategize and navigate complex litigation whether involving single plaintiff or class actions. His work with businesses is equally split between helping employers fend off and manage workforce-related litigation and defending companies against toxic tort claims. In all cases, Michael prioritizes thinking and acting proactively, and assuring legal and defense strategy is aligned with business objectives.
How Michael Helps Clients
Michael has deep experience counseling and defending management and employers across the full spectrum of challenges and actions related to Title VII, workforce reductions and terminations, family and medical leave, wage and classification claims and more. Employers appreciate his skill through all stages of complaint investigation and analysis, and ability to implement a successful plan to resolve the primary dispute as well as secondary causes of action that often can follow.
Michael serves as lead counsel handling and settling what remains today the largest shore oil spill litigation in the U.S. He has uncommon depth handling oil or chemical spills involving water or soil infiltration that give rise to claims of current or future injury or property damage. Michael has served as liaison counsel for multidistrict litigations as well as regional counsel, most often for cases venued in New York and New Jersey. He is a skillful litigation team leader and strategist who commands the scientific facts of tort claims and coordinates teams of epidemiology, vapor, hydrology, property valuation and other experts.
What Clients Can Expect
While Michael is a fierce litigator who can handle any size case or trial, he collaborates with businesses to implement systems and processes that minimize litigation risk. He offers broad experience across diverse industries and companies, ranging from Fortune 500 to local, as he offers best practices for training, investigation and mitigation of patterns that can forewarn future claims.
Business-centric, proactive thinking is the common thread that defines my experience and approach to client service.
Michael served as law clerk to the Hon. William C. Meehan, P.J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey.
- Represented a global petroleum company in the largest mass tort on land oil spill action in the U.S. Claims were brought by Brooklyn residents, alleging diminution in value and personal injury claims, relating to a large plume of oil beneath a former refinery.
- Represented major airline company in an action brought by a former employee, alleging discrimination under New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) and breach of collective bargaining agreement. Secured favorable settlement.
- Represented major financial institution in an action to enforce confidentiality, non-disclosure and non-solicitation obligations of a former employee. Secured favorable settlement.
- Represented major distributor in an action brought by former employee, alleging wrongful termination and sexual harassment under Title VII.
- Represented large insurance carrier in employment action brought by insured’s former employee, alleging whistleblower, wrongful termination and breach of contract.
- Defended major satellite company in an action brought by former shareholders, claiming to be victims of a squeeze-out merger and asserting claims for breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, and appraisal. Secured favorable settlement.
- Defended significant healthcare marketing company in an action brought by a former employee, alleging wrongful termination, whistleblower and wage and hour violations, and breach of contract. Secured favorable resolution.
- Represented large New Jersey hospital in connection with the acquisition of a neighboring hospital. CHAPA application approved.
- Represented major airline in an action against a leading airplane manufacturer relating to a terminated service contract. Secured favorable settlement for client.
- Represented major petroleum company in class action brought by local residents, alleging fear of cancer, emotional distress and diminution in value. Secured favorable settlement.
- Defended German sporting goods manufacturer in contract dispute with its U.S. distributor, alleging breach of contract and trademark infringement. Secured favorable settlement.
- Defended significant healthcare marketing company in an action brought by commercial property owner, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent conveyance. Dismissed.
- Defended national employer in class action brought by current and former employees of subcontractor involving claims of exposure to toxic chemicals and race discrimination.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Pace University School of Law, J.D., 2003, cum laude
Fordham University, B.S.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
American Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Academy of Our Lady Fathers’ Guild
Ancient Order of Hibernians
The Council of Irish Associations of Greater Bergen County