How Louis Helps Clients
Louis is a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts, focusing on commercial and environmental matters. In addition to his general litigation practice, he has represented clients in many aspects of environmental compliance and litigation and Brownfield redevelopment.
First and foremost, I work for my client. But I believe it's possible and important to be respectful of opposing counsel.
With particular depth in the petroleum, petrochemical and automotive industries, Louis' environmental experience includes:
- The defense of civil actions instituted by federal and state agencies and various citizen groups involving alleged violation of federal and state statutes (including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and CERCLA); the defense of toxic tort cases and property damage actions (many of which involve leaking underground storage tanks).
- Retention as common counsel in multi-party environmental matters.
- Representation of clients in Superfund matters, including sediment cases and cost recovery actions and PRP group negotiations.
- The handling of administrative notices of violation before various federal and state agencies.
- The handling of permit and development issues, as well as various compliance issues in advance of suit and/or administrative action.
What Clients Can Expect
Louis is quick to build cordial relationships with opposing parties while being determined to satisfy the needs of clients.
Louis was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 and 2020 lists in the categories of Energy Law, Environmental Law and Litigation - Environmental, and was named to 2019 and 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers list.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Seton Hall University, J.D., 1979, cum laude, Top 1 Percent of Class
Seton Hall University, B.A., 1975, cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Natural Resource, Energy and Environmental Law and Litigation Sections, American Bar Association Section of International Law
Environmental and Commercial Litigation Law Sections, New Jersey State Bar Association