How Leonard Helps Clients
Leonard is an associate in the firm’s Labor, Employment, Benefits & Immigration section with a focus on complex civil and employment litigation. His extensive experience includes representing individual, business and public entity clients in State and Federal Court. His employment law practice includes handling discrimination, disability, sexual harassment, civil rights violation, whistleblowing, Title VII, and Title IX investigations. Leonard also advises clients on all aspects of employment law and regulation, conducts internal investigations of complaints, and drafts policies. He has extensive jury trial experience, successfully defending numerous civil matters through jury verdict in various counties in New Jersey. Leonard served as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Union County Prosecutor's Office, prosecuting cases involving narcotics, violent crimes, and economic crimes.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Leonard was an associate in the commercial litigation group at a regional law firm in New Jersey. Leonard clerked in the Union Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey for the Honorable James P. Wilson, J.S.C. In 2021, Leonard was appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to a four-year term to the District XII Fee Arbitration Committee and now serves as Vice-Chair.
In all aspects of life, including in my practice, I am meticulous and persistent.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients can expect Leonard to be knowledgeable, responsive, passionate, and committed to working with them to develop solutions for complex legal issues. In an unpredictable and everchanging legal landscape, his goal is to work vigorously to protect clients against any potential legal exposure.
Outside the Office
Leonard is deeply committed to combating the challenges facing Black boys and men in all aspects of daily life, including education, healthcare, the criminal justice system, and employment. He is devoted and focused on crafting and supporting initiatives to increase diversity and inclusion in all areas of the legal profession.
Leonard is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. He loves to travel and is a food enthusiast.
- Obtained summary judgment in a New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD) and Conscientious Employee Protection Act (“CEPA”) case.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Rutgers University School of Law, J.D.
Seton Hall University, MPA
Seton Hall University, B.A., magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- District XII Fee Arbitration Committee, Vice Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association (“NJSBA”)
- NJSBA Diversity Committee, Member
- NJSBA Young Lawyers Division, Trustee
- NJSBA Minorities in the Profession, Second Vice Chair
- NJSBA Civil Trial Bar Section, Member
- NJSBA Federal Practice and Procedure Section, Member
- NJSBA Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Union County Bar Association (“UCBA”), Young Lawyer Trustee
- UCBA Diversity, Inclusion & the Elimination of Bias Committee
- Garden State Bar Association
- Reitman Inn of Court, Program Committee
- Hudson Inn of Court, Member