How Kyle Helps Clients
Kyle is a commercial litigator who primarily represents businesses and property owners in state and federal courts. He focuses his practice on eminent domain, inverse condemnation and Bert J. Harris Act claims, as well as complex business litigation, and land use and zoning related disputes. He also assists major developers in navigating land use and zoning issues before local governments.
Kyle has secured many substantial awards for the benefit of property owners. He has also successfully defended local governments in a variety of land use and civil rights disputes. Kyle first gained trial and appellate litigation experience as a certified legal intern for the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office in 2011.
Kyle received the 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida award from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in 2019, the Florida Bar Journal’s 2016 Excellence in Writing award, the 2012 ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership award and the CALI Excellence for the Future award for appellate advocacy. In 2020, Kyle was named an “On the Rise” honoree by the Daily Business Review. He has been selected for inclusion in the Florida Rising Stars® list since 2021. In 2024, Kyle was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the Land Use and Zoning Law category.In law school, he served as editor-in-chief of his law review and was a finalist in various moot court competitions.
Prior to his legal career, Kyle worked as a newspaper, magazine and television reporter in Key West, Orlando and Miami. He is a proud Honorary Conch.
What Clients Can Expect
Kyle tackles his clients’ conflicts with the use of finesse, attention and grit. He is passionate about protecting the rights of property owners and business owners.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in Florida, Kyle loves the outdoors. If he’s not working or spending time with his family, you can probably find him putting in miles on his road bike.
- Litigated and successfully negotiated favorable results in dozens of eminent domain and property rights cases on behalf of a variety of property owners, from farmers to multinational developers.
- Obtained on behalf of a commercial client a special magistrate's dismissal of code enforcement violation citations issued by a large municipality.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a bid protestor’s suit claiming leasehold rights over the client’s commercial property.
- Successfully collaborated with a state agency to alter its road and median construction plans to provide a new left turn lane and granting new access point to a large automobile dealership.
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of a major developer for more than double the amount initially offered by condemnor and secured various non-monetary benefits for the client.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf a local medical clinic owner who was sued by a biopharmaceutical company over allegations of fraud.
- Successfully litigated an inverse condemnation action against a municipality for its physical misappropriation of private property.
- Successfully litigated against the federal government on behalf of a Peruvian National whose application for naturalization was improperly denied.
- Successfully obtained an order of dismissal on behalf of a nursing home that was sued by a former employee for wrongful termination.
- Successfully defended a municipality in a land use challenge over growth-oriented amendments to its code of ordinances. An aggressive litigation approach resulted in dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Obtained the dismissal of an action brought against a major insurance carrier by establishing lack of coverage under the terms of the policy.
- Obtained a favorable decision from the Third District Court of Appeal reversing a ruling excluding evidence of prior bad acts to prove a defendant’s state of mind.
St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Florida State University, B.S., 2006, English and psychology
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Peter T. Fay Inns of Court
Dade County Bar Association
Eminent Domain Steering Committee
Florida Bar Eminent Domain Committee
Board of Directors for Lawyers for Children America
Ervin Gonzalez Memorial Law Clerk Fellowship Subcommittee
Americans for Immigrant Justice “Pro Bono Hero”