How Kyle Helps Clients
Kyle is a trial attorney who represents businesses in state and federal courts. He focuses his practice on eminent domain and inverse condemnation matters, complex business litigation, and healthcare related disputes. He also assists major developers in navigating land use zoning issues before local government boards.
Kyle has secured millions of dollars in compensation and damages for the benefit of property owners. He has also successfully defended local governments in a variety of land use and civil rights disputes. Kyle first gained trial and appellate litigation experience as a certified legal intern for the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office in 2011.
Kyle received the 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida award from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in 2019, Florida Bar Journal’s 2016 Excellence in Writing award, the 2012 ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership award and the CALI Excellence for the Future award for appellate advocacy. In 2020, Kyle was named an "On the Rise" honoree by the Daily Business Review. Kyle has been selected for inclusion in the Florida Rising Stars® list since 2021. During law school, he served as editor-in-chief of his law review and was a finalist in various moot court competitions.
Prior to his legal career, Kyle worked as a newspaper, magazine and television reporter in Key West, Orlando and Miami. He is a proud Honorary Conch.
What Clients Can Expect
Kyle approaches his clients’ conflicts with dogged resolve and absolute focus on achieving the desired results. Looking out for the best interest of his clients is paramount to Kyle, and all causes are advanced with the objective of efficiently fulfilling client goals. Kyle strives to minimize business exposure and expense, an objective that is at the forefront of every strategy employed.
My clients’ problems are my problems. I feel personally invested in their success and understand that costly and protracted litigation should always be viewed as a last resort. I find that my clients’ goals are most efficiently achieved through the use of finesse, attention and grit.
Outside the Office
Born and raised in Florida, Kyle enjoys eating, reading and traveling in his spare time. More than anything, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two little boys, Jackson and James.
- Litigated and successfully negotiated favorable results in dozens of eminent domain and property rights cases on behalf of a variety of property owners, from farmers to multinational investors and developers.
- Successfully litigated against the federal government on behalf of a Peruvian National whose application for naturalization was improperly denied.
- Successfully obtained an order of dismissal on behalf of a nursing home that was sued by a former employee for wrongful termination.
- Successfully defended a municipality in a land use challenge over growth-oriented amendments to its code of ordinances. An aggressive litigation approach resulted in dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Obtained the dismissal of an action brought against a major insurance carrier by establishing lack of coverage under the terms of the policy.
- Obtained a favorable decision from the Third District Court of Appeal reversing a ruling excluding evidence of prior bad acts to prove a defendant’s state of mind.
St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Florida State University, B.S., 2006, English and psychology
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Peter T. Fay Inns of Court, member
Dade County Bar Association, member
ABA Young Lawyer’s Division, member
Florida Bar Media & Communications Law Committee, member
Lawyers for Children America, Board of Directors
Ervin Gonzalez Memorial Law Clerk Fellowship Subcommittee
Americans for Immigrant Justice, "Pro Bono Hero"