How Jacqueline Helps Clients
Jacqueline counsels clients on complex commercial litigation matters including individual and putative class actions arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, consumer fraud statutes, misappropriation of trade secrets, and state unfair trade practices laws. Disciplined and focused, she takes a methodical approach to litigation that routinely produces successful results for her clients.
Jacqueline leads the firm’s Data Privacy Class Action Group. She is a certified information privacy professional of U.S. privacy laws (CIPP/US), recognized by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). Jacqueline also has had significant success in defending consumer-fraud and false-advertising claims, including numerous multi-state and nationwide class actions. She has obtained pre-answer dismissal and summary judgment victories in defense of consumer class actions.
Jacqueline has also represented clients in a broad range of civil matters, including contractual disputes, commercial real estate matters, creditors’ rights cases, trademark infringement and counterfeiting, and actions involving fraud.
In 2021, Jacqueline was selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Rising Stars® list.
What Clients Can Expect
Jacqueline is a problem solver and a zealous advocate for her clients. Impressive under pressure and comfortable in the courtroom before judges and juries, she enjoys helping clients navigate litigation to achieve their goals. Jacqueline keeps an open mind, welcoming new ideas and working to discover and implement innovative solutions.
Outside the Office
Jacqueline enjoys traveling, cooking, and volunteering at her local animal rescue. Her family produces a boutique wine called Weyand Reserve.
- Pre-answer dismissals of consumer class actions under state and federal law.
- Represented credit reporting agencies in individual and putative class actions involving the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Defended technology companies in class action litigation alleging that the use of session replay software was a violation of state and federal wiretapping laws.
- Leader of the firm’s Data Privacy Class Action Group.
- Represented an international cosmetics manufacturer in numerous trademark infringement and counterfeiting actions.
- Represented financial institutions in creditors’ rights cases.
- Served as judicial extern for the Honorable David W. McKeague, Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude
Rutgers University, B.A., 2007, History and Communication; Women and Gender Studies
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
New York State Bar Association
New York City Bar Association
American Bar Association