How Dan Helps Clients
Dan is an experienced business litigator and insurance attorney in Buchanan’s Miami office. His experience ranges from managing a large volume insurance caseload to providing integral representation in high value business disputes, class action, tort litigation, appeals, and injunctive relief matters. He has also successfully represented insurers in areas including, property, casualty, collateral protection, life, disability, ERISA, professional liability, commercial general liability, and bad faith matters. Dan has also served as counsel to government officials, prison personnel, and police officers in the defense of constitutional rights claims.
Earlier in his career, Dan served as an intern to Senior United States District Judge Paul C. Huck in Miami and the Florida Department of Health Regional General Counsel’s Office in Gainesville. During law school at the University of Florida, he served as Vice President of the Florida Moot Court Team, where he received numerous awards for brief writing, oral advocacy, and contributions to the team.
What Clients Can Expect
Dan assists clients in obtaining cost-effective desired results, whether through early resolution or a detailed litigation strategy. He prides himself on providing value and availability to his clients.
Outside the Office
Originally from New Jersey, Dan has resided in Florida for 16 years. He enjoys weekend trips, stand-up comedy, visiting independent coffee shops, and spending time with friends and family. During football season, he roots for the Miami Hurricanes and Green Bay Packers.
- Prevailed on appeals in federal and state courts involving: a disability claim governed by ERISA, a life insurance policy, and a substantial attorneys’ fees and costs dispute.
- Successfully compelled arbitration against Florida claimant under the Federal Arbitration Act and California law.
- In a matter of first impression of Florida’s public adjusting statute, obtained final summary judgment and order granting insurer’s attorneys’ fees and costs against public adjusting firm. Affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully represented an Alabama corporation challenging personal jurisdiction in Florida court and obtained favorable settlement of corporation’s claim against the Plaintiff.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in hundreds of business litigation and insurance cases, from pre-litigation through appeal.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2012, The Florida Moot Court Team
University of Miami School of Business, B.B.A., 2009, Cum Laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
University of Florida Law Alumni Council