How Dan Helps Clients
Dan is an experienced complex commercial litigator and business counselor based in Buchanan’s Miami office. He provides integral representation in matters involving high value business disputes, product liability, professional liability, personal injury, and financial services from pre-suit through the appellate phase. He also represents municipalities, public officials, police officers, and corrections personnel in the defense of constitutional rights claims. He has also successfully represented insurers in areas including, property, casualty, collateral protection, life, disability, ERISA, commercial general liability, and bad faith matters. In addition to his extensive experience in Florida courts, he is also admitted in New York and the District of Columbia.
Earlier in his career, Dan served as an intern to Senior United States District Judge Paul C. Huck in Miami and the Florida Department of Health Regional General Counsel’s Office in Gainesville. During law school at the University of Florida, he served as Vice President of the Florida Moot Court Team, where he received numerous awards for brief writing, oral advocacy, and contributions to the team.
Dan was recognized by Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch in 2024 in the area of Insurance Law.
What Clients Can Expect
Dan assists clients in obtaining cost-effective desired results, whether through early resolution or a detailed litigation strategy. He prides himself on providing value and availability to his clients.
Outside the Office
Originally from New Jersey, Dan has resided in Florida for 18 years. He enjoys weekend trips, stand-up comedy, visiting independent coffee shops, and spending time with friends and family. He roots for the sports teams of his alma maters, the Miami Hurricanes and Florida Gators.
- Prevailed on appeals in federal and state courts involving: a disability claim governed by ERISA, a life insurance policy, a substantial attorneys’ fees and costs dispute, and affirming a final default judgment in his client’s favor.
- Successfully compelled arbitration against Florida claimant under the Federal Arbitration Act and California law.
- In a matter of first impression of Florida’s public adjusting statute, obtained final summary judgment and order granting insurer’s attorneys’ fees and costs against public adjusting firm. Affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully represented an Alabama corporation challenging personal jurisdiction in Florida court and obtained favorable settlement of corporation’s claim against the Plaintiff.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in hundreds of business litigation and insurance cases, from pre-litigation through appeal.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2012, The Florida Moot Court Team
University of Miami School of Business, B.B.A., 2009, Cum Laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
University of Florida Law Alumni Council