Anthony F. Andrisano, Jr., represents management in both traditional and non-traditional areas of labor and employment law, providing counsel to both union and non-union employers. His practice ranges from proactive counseling and drafting of employment policies, handbooks and employee agreements to litigation in federal, state and appellate courts. Anthony also represents employers in front of administrative agencies and at binding or non-binding arbitrations, including AAA and FCMS arbitrations.
Anthony regularly advises his clients regarding compliance with discrimination laws, hiring, evaluating and discharging employees, wage and hour compliance, family and medical leave laws, military leave laws, drug and alcohol testing, social media and technology challenges within the workplace, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, breaches of fiduciary duties, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and other day-to-day human resource matters. He also assists employers in developing proper policies and practices aimed at avoiding costly employment-related litigation. Anthony further assists clients to maintain a union-free workplace and he has experience handling labor arbitrations and unfair labor practice charges, ranging from contract interpretation to disciplinary and discharge issues.
Significant Representative Matters of Anthony include without limitation:
- Hamilton v. Centre County Child Access Center, 2013 WL 1826431 (M.D. Pa. 2013) (Awarded Motion to Dismiss resulting in dismissal of Plaintiff’s Civil Rights Complaint).
- Mindock v. Weir Minerals North America, 501 Fed. Appx. 200 (3rd Cir. 2012) (Appellate affirmation of the grant of Motion for Summary Judgment, which resulted in the dismissal of former employee’s age discrimination claim).
- Amfosakyi v. Frito Lay, 2012 WL 928139 (M.D. Pa. 2012) (Motion for Summary Judgment and Motion for Sanctions granted, resulting in dismissal of former employee’s race and national origin discrimination claims). Upheld on appeal, Amfosakyi v. Frito Lay, Inc., 496 F. Appx. 218 (3rd Cir. 2012). Representation of employers with regards to wage and hour audits performed by the United States Department of Labor and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
- Representation of a professional soccer team in employment contractual dispute with former employee.
- Enforced restrictive covenants through litigation against employees and competitors involving client lists, trade secrets, and other proprietary information.
- Wilson v. Bd. of Control of City of Harrisburg School Dist., 2010 WL 4977056 (M.D. Pa. 2010) (Motion to Dismiss granted resulting in dismissal of a civil rights action filed by four former members of the Harrisburg School District School Board).
- Mieczkowski v. York City School Dist., 2010 WL 1137942 (M.D. Pa. 2010) (Awarded Motion for Summary Judgment resulting in dismissal of race discrimination, Section 1981, Section 1983 and state civil conspiracy claims). Upheld on appeal, Mieczkowski v. York City Sch. Dist., 414 F. Appx. 441 (3rd Cir. 2011).
- Baltimore v. Harrisburg Parking Auth., 2010 WL 8933055 (M.D. Pa. 2010) (Awarded Motion for Summary Judgment resulting in dismissal of former employee’s Civil Rights Complaint). Upheld on appeal, Baltimore v. Harrisburg Parking Auth., 425 Fed. Appx. 134 (3rd Cir. 2011).
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Penn State Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2005
Elizabethtown College, B.S., 2002, Accounting
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
Past-chair, Young Lawyers’ Division, Dauphin County Bar Association
Associate, Hon. William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Vice Chair of the Board, Head of Personnel Committee, United Way of Pennsylvania
Vice President of the Board, JT Dorsey Foundation