How Andria Helps Clients
As a well-rounded healthcare attorney, Andria represents and advises healthcare providers and related organizations in regulatory, transactional and litigation matters. Her clients include entities of all sizes, including but not limited to health systems, hospitals, post-acute care facilities, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), physician groups, behavioral health facilities, entrepreneurs and investment-backed entities.
Andria represents clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance, negotiating and drafting affiliation and joint venture agreements, internal investigations, and state and federal fraud and abuse matters. Andria has particular experience in advising clients to navigate Stark Law, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute and state privacy laws.
Andria has a keen interest in the development of telemedicine across the nation and enjoys helping clients implement creative solutions to add value to their organizations, including the formation of clinically integrated networks (CINs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs). She regularly speaks on value-based care and compliance matters.
A Jurist from the Netherlands, Andria obtained her Dutch Law Degree from Utrecht University and continued her legal studies in the United States. While enrolled at University at Buffalo Law School, she served as an extern in the United States Western District Court for the Honorable Lawrence J. Vilardo and worked for the Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence. Andria was also a member of the Trial Team, Negotiation Team and Intellectual Property Law Journal.
Andria currently serves as the co-chair of New York State Bar Association’s Healthcare Section’s Membership Committee.
What Clients Can Expect
Andria’s knowledge of the healthcare industry paired with her problem-solving skills allow her to have a forward looking, creative attitude when addressing unique situations. Her clients appreciate her zeal and leadership qualities.
- Represented various healthcare providers in 25+ simple guardianship matters.
- Represented a skilled nursing facility in securing a temporary emergency guardian for a 26 year old terminally ill patient. The court eventually agreed that the parents were not suitable decision-makers for their son and the temporary guardian was made permanent in this contentious case.
- Obtained a guardian for an undocumented immigrant in a nursing home. Medicaid was obtained for this patient through the theory of PRUCOL (Persons Residing Under Color of Law), which was also the argument used for the appointment of a guardian for this patient.
- Assisted several hospital systems through New Jersey Community Health Care Assets Protection Act (CHAPA)
- Provided regulatory counsel in a multi-state, multi-million dollar acquisition of a behavioral health organization
- Provided regulatory assistance with the acquisition of a membership interest in a multi-state home health agency
- Navigated clients through various medical-staff related litigation matters
- Counseled an ambulatory surgery center through fraud and abuse implications of employing anesthesiologists
- Informed clients on the business implications of the Office of Inspector General's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities and other healthcare related background checks
- Counseled clients through various government subpoenas
University College Utrecht, the Netherlands, B.A., with distinction
Utrecht University, LL.M., LL.B.
Washington University School of Law, LL.M.
University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- American Health Law Association, Member; Women's Leadership Council, Member
- New York State Bar Association House of Delegates Member
- New York State Bar Association Co-Chair Healthcare Section, Membership Committee.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”) Pathfinder 2023