How Andria Helps Clients
As a well-rounded healthcare attorney, Andria Adigwe represents and advises healthcare related organizations in regulatory, transactional and litigation matters. Her clients include entities of all sizes, including but not limited to health systems, hospitals, post-acute care facilities, physician groups, behavioral health facilities entrepreneurs and investment-backed entities.
Ms. Adigwe's broad expertise in the healthcare industry allows her to represent clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance, negotiating and drafting affiliation and joint venture agreements, reimbursement and collection disputes, HIPAA compliance issues, internal investigations, and state and federal fraud and abuse matters. Ms. Adigwe has represented clients in United States Courts, government agencies and in administrative proceedings.
Ms. Adigwe served as the co-chair of New York State Bar Association’s Elder Law and Special Needs Law Education and Resources Subcommittee. Ms. Adigwe’s work included organizing and moderating educational events for attorneys, health advocates and service providers.
Ms. Adigwe also assisted in development of an online library for long-term care and legal issues for the New York State Bar Association.
A Jurist from the Netherlands, Ms. Adigwe obtained her Dutch Law Degree from Utrecht University and continued her legal studies in the United States. While enrolled at University at Buffalo Law School, Ms. Adigwe served as an extern in the United States Western District Court for the Honorable Lawrence J. Vilardo. Ms. Adigwe was also a member of the Trial Team, Negotiation Team and Intellectual Property Law Journal.
What Clients Can Expect
Ms. Adigwe’s expertise within the healthcare industry paired with her problem solving skills allow her to have a forward looking, creative attitude when addressing unique situations. Her clients appreciate her zeal and leadership qualities.
University College Utrecht, the Netherlands, B.A., with distinction
Utrecht University, LL.M., LL.B.
Washington University School of Law, LL.M.
University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Health Law Association, Member; Women's Leadership Council, Member
- New York State Bar Association District Delegate of 6th Judicial District, Former Member
- New York State Bar Association Special Committee Long Term Care Facility Reform, Former Member
- NYSBA International Practicum, Former Editor
- Broome County Bar Association, Former Co-Chair of Young Lawyers Association
- Broome County Bar Association, Former Board Member