How Alex Helps Clients
Alex is an associate in Buchanan’s healthcare litigation group, where she focuses her practice on defending healthcare providers in professional liability matters.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Alex was an associate at a regional defense firm in Philadelphia where she second chaired two medical malpractice jury trials, resulting in defense verdicts. She gained valuable experience representing a wide variety of clients, including commercial transportation companies, motor carriers, healthcare professionals, and bars and restaurants, throughout all stages of civil litigation.
During law school, Alex served as a student attorney for the Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic, a judicial extern to the Honorable Steven C. Tolliver in the Montgomery County Court of Commons Pleas, and a research assistant, exploring states’ Death with Dignity laws and their intersection with prisoner rights. She also interned with West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of containment and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products, in its legal department.
Alex was a member of Villanova Law’s Moot Court Board and served as the Director of External Competitions. She was a quarterfinalist in the 59th Annual Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition and upon graduation, Alex received the Board’s Commitment to Service Award.
What Clients Can Expect
Alex takes pride in serving as a passionate advocate for her clients. She uses her strong interpersonal skills to assist and counsel clients in implementing effective defense strategies.
Outside the Office
Alex resides in Philadelphia with her fiancé and their Cavapoo puppy, Edwin. She is a proud Saint Joe’s and Villanova Law alumna and enjoys mentoring current students. In her free time, Alex likes trying new workout classes, listening to true crime podcasts, spending time at the beach and lake with her family, and exploring Philadelphia.
- Second chaired and secured defense verdict in professional liability matter remanded by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania involving the Mental Health Procedures Act by representing defendant Psychiatrist performing psychiatric evaluation on a patient with mental health disorders during the decedent’s admission to drug detoxification and rehabilitation facility
- Second chaired professional liability trial and secured defense verdict for defendant Radiologist alleged to have missed diagnosis of thoracic aortic aneurysm on abdominal CT scans interpreted months prior to plaintiff’s death
- Argued and successfully won discovery motion in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2020
Saint Joseph's University, B.S., 2017, cum laude, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Minor in Political Science
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project (Board Observer Program, Philadelphia Bar Foundation)
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project