How Wendy Helps Clients
Wendy is nationally recognized in and is passionate about antitrust law. She focuses on antitrust and trade regulation issues, in the litigation, transaction and counseling contexts.
She has handled hundreds of litigation and antitrust matters and has been successful in persuading the government (DOJ, FTC and state attorneys general) not to challenge the majority of the transactions in which she has been involved. Just in the last 10 years, she has handled the antitrust aspects of more than 100 mergers and acquisitions in the consumer products, healthcare and other industries.
I love what I do. And I want to represent my clients forever.
Wendy has represented clients being investigated by the federal antitrust agencies and state attorneys general and those involved in government investigations of others. She provides ongoing antitrust and compliance counseling and litigates antitrust issues, including class actions.
Wendy serves on the Executive Management Team of the firm, the first woman to hold that position. She also chairs the firm’s nationally recognized Antitrust and Trade Regulation Practice Group, which serves as legal counsel to a host of companies in the Mid-Atlantic region and throughout the United States, and has earned U.S. News World Report–Best Lawyers’ first-tier ranking in the Pittsburgh market. Additionally, Wendy serves as the Executive Sponsor for Buchanan’s B.OL.D. (Buchanan’s Organization for Leadership & Diversity) Affinity Group.
What Clients Can Expect
Wendy knows and loves antitrust law. She enjoys helping clients navigate antitrust law to achieve their business goals. And she works to develop a long-term relationship built on strong communication and trust.
Outside the Office
When not working, Wendy likes to relax and enjoy the simple things with her family. She also shares her time and talents with a variety of local charitable organizations.
- Received AV® Preeminent certification from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings consecutively for 20 years, the highest available mark for professional excellence.
- Elected to the firm's five-person Management Committee in 1992 and to the firm's Board of Directors in 1995, the first woman to serve in those roles. In April 2005, she was elected to the firm's Compensation Committee and was named Chair of Pittsburgh Litigation, where she served until 2012. In 2012, she was elected Executive Shareholder, a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, the first woman to serve in that role.
- Honored by the YWCA with the Tribute to Women Leadership Award – Professions Category in 1995.
- Recognized with the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Special Achievement Award in 1995.
- Recognized as a member of the Pennsylvania Honor Roll of Women by the Governor's Pennsylvania Commission for Women in 1996.
- Recognized as the Girl Scouts of Southwestern Pennsylvania's Woman of Distinction in the Professional category in 2002.
- Recognized with the United Way of Allegheny County’s Senator John Heinz Award for Outstanding Community Service in 2004.
- Selected by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly for the "Women Leaders in the Law" distinction in 2004, one of only 56 Pennsylvania lawyers chosen.
- Recipient of the University of Pittsburgh Women’s Law Association and Allegheny County Bar Association’s 2004-2005 Woman of the Year Award.
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® list in the Antitrust Law category since 2005; in the Litigation – Health Care category since 2018; and in the Litigation – Antitrust category since 2020.
- Recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Associations ‘Pro Bono’ Award in 2005.
- Honored by Oakland Catholic High School as a ‘Leading Lady’ in 2005.
- Profiled in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette as one of the city's ‘Women at the Helm’ in 2006.
- Featured in The Forbes Funds’ Community Threads publication in 2006.
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in Pittsburgh by Pittsburgh Magazine in 2006.
- Named an Athena Award finalist in 2007 by the Allegheny Conference on Community Development.
- Ranked since 2008 in Chambers USA in the field of Antitrust Law.
- Selected to the Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers® list in 2009 and 2010, a distinction given to only the top 5 percent of lawyers nationwide and was also selected by her peers for inclusion in the Pennsylvania's Super Lawyers® list from 2004-2009 and 2011-2020.
- Named Pittsburgh Antitrust Law “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2023, 2020, 2018, 2015 and 2013; named Pittsburgh Litigation – Antitrust “Lawyer of the Year” in 2023 and 2021; and named Pittsburgh Litigation – Health Care “Lawyer of the Year” in 2022.
- Named one of the year’s Most Powerful & Influential Women of Pennsylvania in 2014, by the Pennsylvania Diversity Council.
- Named to City and State Pennsylvania's 2022 Pittsburgh Power 100 list, which recognizes the most influential people in the city of Pittsburgh.
- Named 2022 Pennsylvania "Lawyer of the Year" in the Litigation - Healthcare category by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Named to City and State PA's "The Pennsylvania Power of Diversity: Women 100" in 2022.
- Named to City and State PA's "The 2023 Pittsburgh Power 100."
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
The College of Wooster, B.A., 1977, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
Allegheny County Bar Association
American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Volunteer, 412 Youth Zone
International Women's Forum, Pittsburgh Chapter
Coordinated the firm's pro bono program for years, which was recognized in 2007 by The American Lawyer as No. 1 in Pennsylvania
Past President and Board Member, North Hills Community Outreach (now Board Emeritus)
Grants Committee, United Methodist Foundation of Western Pennsylvania
Past President, Board of KidsVoice