How Steven Helps Clients
Steven offers clients advice with depth and breadth of experience that elevates his role to that of a trusted, strategic legal advisor. His clients include small and middle-market companies for whom he often performs many of the services that might customarily be provided by a general counsel in larger companies.
Steven handles a full spectrum of services for corporate clients, including various aspects of business formation, planning, financing and transactions; mergers and acquisition transactions; monetization of assets of municipalities; public private partnerships; the private placement of debt and equity securities; and matters involving shareholder divorce and executive and incentive compensation. Steve is also a member of the firm’s Opportunity Zones Team. He also provides counsel to a wide variety of non-profit organizations, which includes practice before the Orphans’ Court.
I enjoy the variety of my work. Every day is different.
Steven serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and counsel to issuers and trustees in connection with the issuance of debt obligations by state and municipal governments, agencies, authorities and school districts. He is involved in structuring and documenting real estate acquisitions, sales and financing as well as commercial leasing. Steven also provides wealth and succession planning services, as well as counsel on federal, state and local tax planning and representation.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients rely on Steven for his experience, expertise, responsive support and thoughtful consideration of their legal matters. Clients know that Steven will close the deal and get things done, and they trust him to reach that positive conclusion with integrity.
Outside the Office
When he's not at the office, Steven looks forward to time with family. His favorite non-work activities include tennis and travel.
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell® rating.
- Steven is a certified public accountant in Pennsylvania (inactive status).
- Representation of a large family-owned Pennsylvania-based waste service provider in its acquisition by a private equity backed national provider of non-hazardous liquid waste solutions.
- Represented Hatch, a leading global professional services firm, in its acquisition of LTK Consulting Services, Inc., a Pennsylvania based transportation engineering consulting firm that specializes in transit, transit vehicles and transit systems, via reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a leading population health services organization in the formation of a management services organization (MSO) designed to give physician practices advanced capabilities for delivering value-based care. The transaction entailed the sale and transfer by a substantial medical practice of all of their non-clinical assets and non-medical workforce to the MSO to serve as the foundation for the MSO and the creation of a new medical practice by the selling medical practice physicians in which the medical practice contributed all of its clinical assets.
- Represented a Pittsburgh-based public traded company in its acquisition of an industry leader in electronics reliability analysis software.
- Represented a startup pharmaceutical contract sales/detailing company in its organization, family wealth transfer planning in transferring substantial equity in the business at an early stage to younger generation (i.e. low value) and ultimately in the merger of the company with and into a public company three years later.
- Representation of a general veterinary practice in the sale of its assets to a public company.
- Representation of a veterinary specialty hospital in an asset sale.
- Representation of multiple real estate opportunity funds in their formation and syndication.
- Representation of a municipality in the monetization of its on-street and off-street parking assets.
- Representation of a general partner in the formation and documentation of a venture fund with a union pension trust affiliate.
- Representation of clients in both the sale and acquisition of dialysis businesses.
- Representation of a 50% shareholder in the buyout of the other 50% shareholder where there were irreconcilable differences.
- Representation of a large independent dental supply company in numerous acquisitions/roll ups of smaller supply companies.
- Representation of a multi-generation family business in both succession planning and family wealth transfer planning.
- General representation of a specialty finance company in the non-recourse civil litigation funding business, along with subsequent asset sale.
- Representation of a municipal sewer authority in the sale of its assets to a public utility
- Representation of multiple clients in the formation of Qualified Opportunity Funds (under the Opportunity Zones program), including the preparation of private placement memorandum, operating agreements and project company operating agreements.