How Simone Helps Clients
Simone is a litigator and trial lawyer at the firm’s Charlotte office. She primarily focuses her practice on commercial litigation, antitrust matters, and white-collar litigation. She represents businesses and individuals in state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies. Simone has represented individuals in all phases of litigation, including discovery, motion practice, and at trial.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Simone practiced with a Charlotte litigation firm where she represented individuals facing criminal charges ranging from complex federal white-collar crimes to major violent crimes charged in state court. Additionally, Simone served as an Assistant Public Defender where she represented indigent criminal defendants in Miami-Dade County.
Simone graduated from the City University of New York School of Law where she gained the ethos that law should be practiced in the service of human needs. To that end, Simone actively pursues pro bono opportunities, including working for expungement clinics serving individuals in the Charlotte area.
Simone has been selected for the 2023 North Carolina Rising Stars list, a distinction that only the top 2.5% of attorneys receive. In 2022, the Mecklenburg Council of Elders honored her with the Person of Interest - Legal Community Award, acknowledging her pro bono work at expungement clinics.
What Clients Can Expect
Simone leverages her trial-tested skills to vigorously advocate for her clients. She is an analytical thinker and strong listener who believes that preparation is the key to future success.
Outside the Office
Simone is active in her community and local bar organizations. She currently serves as the Secretary Treasurer for the Mecklenburg County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. When she’s not working, she enjoys running, golf, and traveling.
- Received not guilty verdicts on all contested criminal charges tried before a jury
- Represented individual accused of leading $3 million bank fraud scheme involving stolen mail in the Western District of North Carolina
- Represented former Fortune 500 executive accused of bribery and kickback scheme
- Represented individuals facing federal investigations for a multitude of charges, such as wire fraud, honest-services fraud, and trafficking of controlled substances
- Represented individuals in trial during and after the COVID-19 pandemic making her adept to successfully litigating amidst evolving local rules and health regulations
- Deposed criminologists, forensic experts, and a variety of subject matter experts in her cases
Ithaca College, B.A.
City University of New York, J.D.
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Secretary Treasurer of the Young Lawyer’s Division, 2022-2023
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, White Collar Crime and Government Investigations Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member, 2022 – present
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Community Service & Legal Assistance Committee