How Larry Helps Clients
Larry Besnoff focuses on the representation of management in all phases of employment law. He has extensive experience defending equal employment opportunity and wrongful discharge cases before administrative agencies, and state and federal courts. Larry has litigated numerous cases in the federal courts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia and New York.
Early in his career, Larry was a law clerk for the Honorable Herbert S. Fogel in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He then served as a senior trial attorney at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Philadelphia District Office, where he was responsible for litigation of government lawsuits involving violations of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
What Clients Can Expect
Through innovative telephone retainer arrangements and pro-active training programs, Larry works with clients’ human resources departments to eliminate potential legal problems. Whether it is dealing with the problem employee who takes up 95% of the HR staff energies or providing guidance during a reduction in force, Larry advises on best practices. Larry understands that all employee problems are time sensitive and provides responsive assistance.
The employment lawyer’s goal should be to help the employer reach its goals without unnecessary litigation. To do this, the employment lawyer needs to find ways to accomplish the goals, not stand in the way.
Outside the Office
Larry is a devoted murder mystery enthusiast who attends the annual Black Orchid Dinner in New York City, honoring fictional sleuth Nero Wolfe. The Grand Canyon is his go-to hiking location, where he has rafted down the length of the Colorado River and hiked rim-to-rim twice.
- Successfully resolved nationwide wage and hour class action lawsuits, reducing the claims from thousands of claimants to just a handful
- Successfully litigated a class action WARN Act, resulting in no employer liability
- Provided guidance in numerous RIF’s, shutdowns and plant transfers without any employee charges or claims
- Successfully guides clients through OFCCP audits and crafts AAP’s
- Filed and obtained injunctions for violations of non-compete and non-solicit agreements in state and federal courts
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D.
Drexel University, B.S.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
Washington Square West Trust, Philadelphia, Board of Directors
5th Ward Democratic Party, Chairman