Kate is a shareholder in Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney’s Financial Services and Real Estate Sections. Kate focuses her practice on commercial financing and commercial real estate financing transactions and bank regulatory matters.
She represents lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers and other parties in syndicated and single-lender financings, secured and unsecured lending agreements, mezzanine investments, first and second lien financings, intercreditor agreements, participation loan transactions and other financing transactions, as well as in connection with letter of credit transactions, workouts, restructurings, interest rate swap documentation and third-party legal opinions. The financing transactions she handles for lenders and borrowers involve all types of collateral, from the traditional receivables, inventory, equipment and securities accounts, to the more unique collateral types, such as airplanes and artwork. Her transactional experience extends across a variety of industries, including hospitality, healthcare and manufacturing.
Kate also represents lenders and borrowers in the documentation, negotiation and closing of real estate financing transactions, including acquisitions and refinancings and modifications of such facilities.
Having previously served as general counsel of a federal savings bank, she has experience with assisting financial institutions in operational and regulatory matters, including charter conversion, branch development, mortgage loan servicing, subsidiary formation, BSA, RESPA and TILA compliance issues and general operational issues.
She has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® consecutively since 2014 in the Banking and Finance Law category.
In recent matters, Kate has:
- Represented a national banking association in documenting a $25 million commercial line of credit to a REIT, secured by, and having a borrowing base based upon, nine (9) separate parcels of commercial real estate located in six (6) different states, with each parcel leased to a single, nationally recognized tenant.
- Represented a borrower in documenting a $15 million revolving line of credit, secured by artwork.
- Represented the agent bank in a $25 million acquisition financing, secured by real estate and operating assets of a precision metal fabricator.
- Represented the agent bank in a $60 million revolving credit facility for a diagnostic imaging equipment provider, which transaction included the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with subordinated noteholders.
- Represented the agent bank in a club deal involving multiple facilities totaling $100 million in the aggregate to a parent company and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries involving collateral and operations located in the United states, Canada and Mexico.
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1995
Marquette University, B.A., 1992, magna cum laude, History, Secondary Major in Criminology and Law Studies
- District of Columbia
Member, State Bar of Wisconsin